Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Sonic 6

For all foil kite riders
foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sonic 6

Postby foilonfoil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:30 am

davesails7 wrote:Is it even available? I saw the pro racers had the 6m sonics for a while. I think they had them at the San Francisco Gold Cup? Still not listed on the flysurfer website though. Can you special order them?
Coming soon.

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:30 pm

foilholio wrote:I would guess on a hydrofoil 12-15knots. Looks like if it has been hand tuned with a unique AR it could be a very special kite.
...for hydrofoil and 62 kg in any case below 10 knts!

Don't want to discuss if it's 9,8 or maybe 7, but have riden a pre-series many times in those conditions with a high-aspect Levitaz-Hydrofoil.

http://www.addicted-sports.com/webcam/c ... am/webcams
http://www.addicted-sports.com/webcam/c ... am/webcams

The anemometer stands pretty free in winter and the other guy, also on a hydrofoil with a 12 m² ended his session at 15:55 before i did, as the wind was dropping and to light for him to get going on the foil :naughty:

And the great thing is that the 6 m² is even big fun in around 10 knts, also for freestyle as jumping, allready managed to do some foil-offs at around 12-15 knts as it has neary as much airtime as the big ones. With my old Psycho4 in 6 m² I had always some difficulties to do board-offs also in good conditions with a twintip. But one reason is also that I didn't use 21 m lines anymore, but on all kites the new thiner lines with 27 m.

6 m² will be my low to medium wind kite, as it was my 12 m² Psycho4, before I started with hydrofoil
5 m² Boost2 already pumped up once :) will be for high wind
and the 9 m² Sonic is for super light wind :D
... and my old Chrono 15 ? ... don't know yet, maybe tandem-hydrofoil in light wind :lol:
low-wind-sonic-9.jpg

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:28 am

:thumb:

Return to “Foil Kites”