Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh Aurora2 it's here!

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 2:57 am

Front lines are a bridle.

I do have a good understanding of kites, apparently better than you in some areas. You can't even understand how a bridle can change it's geometry without changing it's lengths nor do you apparently understand the forces at play in a foil kite other than a bridle. You can't even see that the front lines are a bridle. The english language is seemingly a bit beyond you too. Hint look up the word bridle in a dictionary. You don't know how to affect projected area change with out changing the bridle, I do and have done it.

C kite keeps it's arc when not in flight and an ARC does not. They are fundamentally very different kites and the only similarity is the ARC has a C in flight, so does the psycho 4.

You truly are something. Attacking me for trying various mixers and calling it a waste of time. You are the waste of time. What do you do that is contributing? You only criticize everything, you even had a go at the new speed5, that is really brave. If you can design kites better than flysurfer you should probably start your own brand. Don't be surprised when it goes belly up. The market is a harsh reality check.

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Foil: Moses
Kite: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Mon May 23, 2016 4:07 am

While everybody is arguing, I bought 12M and 19M aurora2 ultra-light
Will report how they fly once I get them. Really looking forward to see what wind they will stay in the air.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 4:11 am

Awesome I hope they are good!

Can you make sure you weigh them please :-), also some in depth into what the bridle material and fabric is like.

fun2kite
Frequent Poster

Postby fun2kite » Mon May 23, 2016 4:21 am

Will do.
Can you please write up instructions on what I should I do upon receiving them, so it will be most beneficial to the forum.

1. Weight (how to weight properly)
2. What kind of pictures are useful
3. how to examine bridle material? ( I may not know the difference between different materials so some help would be appreciated )
4. What to look for in the fabric
5. what to look for in construction
6. What to measure before I fly the kites
etc..
foilholio wrote:Awesome I hope they are good!

Can you make sure you weigh them please :-), also some in depth into what the bridle material and fabric is like.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 4:48 am

Hmm

Weighing depends on your scales, I just use some luggage hanging scales and hang the kite in the bag, then remove the kite to weight the bag and subtract that to get the kite weight. If the lines are attached you can just hang them to the side as it won't make a huge difference. Obviously don't weight the bar with the kite unless you want to do that separately. If you remove the fifth line the kite will weight a little less as well.

Pictures of the bridles would be nice as I am not certain which is the ultra light ones on the pansh website. I think it's the fishing line white looking ones at the bottom. A video of the kite flying would be great but I am sure others will do that soon.

You have a Sonic so just compare the look and feel of the bridles, fabric and construction to that would be great.

You may want to measure the pulley lines for future reference. It would be great if we had full line plans for pansh kites, the only way is seemingly to measure the whole kite new at this stage. Hopefully pansh will eventually release some of that info. Line plans aren't necessary to tune a kite but nice to have if you want to get more involved with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it, they are cheap and most of the changes and fixes that foil kites need are understood well without line plans, but line plans certainly did help gain this knowledge. Just ask here if you have an issue and need help.

It would be worth noting if the kite depowers onto A alone or onto A and B. Just watch the B bridles to see if they go slack and get bends in them. A kite that can fly on A alone is more advanced in a way and easier to tune in some ways than one needing A and B. You may need to pull on the front lines to reach the full depower point, or the end of the mixer.

EricSanders
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Metro Beach Detroit
Favorite Beaches: Tawas, OBX
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger 7.0
LF NRG 10.0
Best Kahuna 13.5
Blade Fat Lady 17.0
Royal Rush 19.0
Pansh Aurora2 22m
Spleen door 164
OceanRodeo Mako King
Liquid Force Edge 146
Axis Vanguard 148
Axis Vanguard 136
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby EricSanders » Mon May 23, 2016 1:01 pm

This decision is killing me. I already have a quiver of 7,10,13.5, 17,19 LEI, two boards, one a 164 door and the 148 Axis Vanguard. I weigh 215lb.
I'm a new rider and the biggest thing holding me back is board time. There are so many days here in Michigan where the winds are 7-13 mph. The 19 so big and powerful, I worry about time where the wind kicks up on me, so I'm kind of leaning towards the 15. Will the 15 get me riding in say 8mph winds on a door or is that 19m territory?

fun2kite
Frequent Poster

Postby fun2kite » Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

215lb, go 19M
EricSanders wrote:This decision is killing me. I already have a quiver of 7,10,13.5, 17,19 LEI, two boards, one a 164 door and the 148 Axis Vanguard. I weight 215lb.
I'm a new rider and the biggest thing holding me back is board time. There are so many days here in Michigan where the winds are 7-13 mph. The 19 so big and powerful, I worry about if the wind kicks up on me, so I'm kind of leading towards the 15. Will the 15 get me riding in say 8mph winds on a door or is that 19m territory?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 1:12 pm

The 22m Aurora1 is a machine, ultralight would make it untouchable. But it tops out quick 15knots the jumps and float are insane, 18knots feels like it wants to kill you. The 18m A15 doesn't feel like it wants you dead till about 25ish knots.

Go the 22 its perfect for that wind. Use the fifth line, it'll kill it 100%.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon May 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Before Hydrofoiling, I had owned an Aurora v1 22m. I weight ... only 60kg (= 132 lb). "Everybody" told me It would be too big for my weight and a waste of money. In the end I loved it, both with a door and a directionnal board, from 6-7 knots to 10 knots sweet spot ( which is not as narrow as it seems). Then I actually reported all my sessions during one year and it was my most-frequent used kite among my 6 kites, more than with my Speed3 15m dlx... and if you look at the rentability price vs hours of use it was the best by far ...

Aurora is perfect if you seek light wind, so I would also advise you 19m2 minimum, 22m2 should even be preferable with your weight IMO.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 2:55 pm

I am always impressed you could hold down such a large kite regis. You are right the wind range on it isn't that bad, considering many other big kites. Even with flysurfers high prices I feel foils end up being the cheapest kites per hour, if you use them enough. Now with Pansh they are the cheapest to buy upfront too. :D

Return to “Foil Kites”