Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RE: Kitech foil kites

For all foil kite riders
AmericanRonin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Hampshire Seacoast
Favorite Beaches: Silver Sands, Barbados. Cabarete. Corpus Christi.
Style: Wave Rider
Gear: 6' Crazyfly Strapless, BWS TDZ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RE: Kitech foil kites

Postby AmericanRonin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:17 am

Kitech Attila wrote:Hi Everyone!

My name is Attila, I am the Head Designer and CEO of Kitech.

I would like to add a few things to the discussion.

Kitech kites are designed and produced in Europe. During the last twelve years the brand have become popular and well respected. We began to produce the first kites in 2002 and the FLY4 is our 12th series.

We manufacture the FLY4 in 5 different sizes: 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18m. These sizes are actually designed and perfected for the appropriate wind range as they slightly differ in their desing to match the needs for the different wind conditions. The smaller sizes are coming with lower aspect ratios (AR), and lower number of cells, while the larger kites are designed with higher ARs and increased amount of cells. We have been testing all sizes and they work great with hydrofoils due to their exceptional stability and the small amount of wind these kites need to keep them in the Zenith. The FLY4 is, however, an all terrain machine perfect for water, earth and snow.

We put a lot of time and attention to choose the perfect “ingredients” for our kites and we only go with the best possible materials:
The canopy is made of Dominico DOCDO 30 D 40 gr / m2 water resistance.
The bridal is made of a pre-stretched mix of Liros Dyneema lines (70-120-160-250-350 kg), designed and optimized for the load distribution and flying characteristics of the kites and our mixers are using Ronstan ceramic pulleys.

All kites can be used in a wide range of wind conditions. They are easy to set up, launch, fly and and land. As an additional bonus they are super user friendly, durable and low on maintenance needs. Thanks to our special valve system and sawing techniques the internal pressure within the kite stays high for an exceptional long time allowing water re-launch for a very long time. The kites are pointing upwind, and having great downwind characteristics. The combination of the high internal pressure and the low weight of the kites translates into outstanding drifting and slack line stability, which makes this kite a wonderful wave machine. All kites are fast with superb turning speed leading to high jumps and amazing hang time. DON’T forget that the re-entry after jumps will be super soft reducing wear and tear on your hydrofoils and human jointsJ

One more thing! Shops and training centers maybe also interested in our unique trainer kite the SPEEDY, which is a water re-lauchable two line kite. It saves a lot of frustration for teachers and for students alike, as it reduces downtime and also teaches the students beyond the mastering of figure 8s, intuitive re-launch techniques.

The kites are coming complete with the bar and and bag on a very competitive price.

Interested pilots can schedule their demo flight with Kite Hydrofoil Miami (http://www.kitehydrofoilmiami.com).

Happy kiting and foiling!

See you on the water!

Attila

Attila Karoly
CEO and Head Designer
Kitech

Attila,

Do you have any footage or photos of your riders kiting in the waves with these kites? I've thought about wave kiting with a foil kite for awhile now mainly because of how much of a pain it is to transport a surf board in addition to kites. All that luggage gets expensive. A foil kite is obviously a great deal more compact. What concerns me though is how durable the kite would be in the event that it went down in the waves and how well it drifts while one's on the wave. There's a difference between kitesurfing in front of or on top of a wave and actually surfing the wave with a kite. That difference is usually how well said kite can handle a lack of constant tension in its lines.

LesFoilZ
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby LesFoilZ » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:56 pm

AmericanRonin wrote: Do you have any footage or photos of your riders kiting in the waves with these kites? I've thought about wave kiting with a foil kite for awhile now mainly because of how much of a pain it is to transport a surf board in addition to kites. All that luggage gets expensive. A foil kite is obviously a great deal more compact. What concerns me though is how durable the kite would be in the event that it went down in the waves and how well it drifts while one's on the wave. There's a difference between kitesurfing in front of or on top of a wave and actually surfing the wave with a kite. That difference is usually how well said kite can handle a lack of constant tension in its lines.
If you are looking for a foil for wave riding (along the lines that you are mentioning above), have a look here:

http://lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3282

It is in French but I can help.

Stef

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4

Postby Rufusz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:18 pm

AmericanRonin wrote: ... What concerns me though is how durable the kite would be in the event that it went down in the waves and how well it drifts while one's on the wave. There's a difference between kitesurfing in front of or on top of a wave and actually surfing the wave with a kite. That difference is usually how well said kite can handle a lack of constant tension in its lines.
I'm not an experienced waverider but I crashed my Kitech kites a few times in Tenerife and Tarifa in the waves and relaunch was surprisingly easy.

I only used my 6m2 with SB on a few occasions and that thing turns really fast so I was looping it a lot. I have no idea how it drifts compare to other kites as I hardly fly any other brand :)

I will ask Attila if he got any pics

Kitech Attila
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Balatonfenyves Hungary
Style: Freeride-freestyle-HydroFoil
Gear: Kitech Fly4 all sizes

Postby Kitech Attila » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 pm

AmericanRonin wrote:
Kitech Attila wrote:Hi Everyone!

My name is Attila, I am the Head Designer and CEO of Kitech.

I would like to add a few things to the discussion.

Kitech kites are designed and produced in Europe. During the last twelve years the brand have become popular and well respected. We began to produce the first kites in 2002 and the FLY4 is our 12th series.

We manufacture the FLY4 in 5 different sizes: 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18m. These sizes are actually designed and perfected for the appropriate wind range as they slightly differ in their desing to match the needs for the different wind conditions. The smaller sizes are coming with lower aspect ratios (AR), and lower number of cells, while the larger kites are designed with higher ARs and increased amount of cells. We have been testing all sizes and they work great with hydrofoils due to their exceptional stability and the small amount of wind these kites need to keep them in the Zenith. The FLY4 is, however, an all terrain machine perfect for water, earth and snow.

We put a lot of time and attention to choose the perfect “ingredients” for our kites and we only go with the best possible materials:
The canopy is made of Dominico DOCDO 30 D 40 gr / m2 water resistance.
The bridal is made of a pre-stretched mix of Liros Dyneema lines (70-120-160-250-350 kg), designed and optimized for the load distribution and flying characteristics of the kites and our mixers are using Ronstan ceramic pulleys.

All kites can be used in a wide range of wind conditions. They are easy to set up, launch, fly and and land. As an additional bonus they are super user friendly, durable and low on maintenance needs. Thanks to our special valve system and sawing techniques the internal pressure within the kite stays high for an exceptional long time allowing water re-launch for a very long time. The kites are pointing upwind, and having great downwind characteristics. The combination of the high internal pressure and the low weight of the kites translates into outstanding drifting and slack line stability, which makes this kite a wonderful wave machine. All kites are fast with superb turning speed leading to high jumps and amazing hang time. DON’T forget that the re-entry after jumps will be super soft reducing wear and tear on your hydrofoils and human jointsJ

One more thing! Shops and training centers maybe also interested in our unique trainer kite the SPEEDY, which is a water re-lauchable two line kite. It saves a lot of frustration for teachers and for students alike, as it reduces downtime and also teaches the students beyond the mastering of figure 8s, intuitive re-launch techniques.

The kites are coming complete with the bar and and bag on a very competitive price.

Interested pilots can schedule their demo flight with Kite Hydrofoil Miami (http://www.kitehydrofoilmiami.com).

Happy kiting and foiling!

See you on the water!

Attila

Attila Karoly
CEO and Head Designer
Kitech

Attila,

Do you have any footage or photos of your riders kiting in the waves with these kites? I've thought about wave kiting with a foil kite for awhile now mainly because of how much of a pain it is to transport a surf board in addition to kites. All that luggage gets expensive. A foil kite is obviously a great deal more compact. What concerns me though is how durable the kite would be in the event that it went down in the waves and how well it drifts while one's on the wave. There's a difference between kitesurfing in front of or on top of a wave and actually surfing the wave with a kite. That difference is usually how well said kite can handle a lack of constant tension in its lines.
Yes, please wach this videos with our Fly!4 6.0 in the waves in Italy and on Sal.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_3X06eSrkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g9p3tuMAoc

All our kites sizes have a very good drift, we test the kites on waves too.

BR: Attila

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:16 pm

I recently got a chance to demo the 9m from laszlo, and i'll be buying one in the 6m, specifically for hydrofoiling. so far i've used the ozone edge, wainman 7.5, flysurfer speed4 lotus 10m with the HF, and for what i'm after the fly4 was my favorite of them all.

hangs in the sky in very little wind at zenith, good drift, big range, great boosting kite. more fun to boost big air than the speed4 lotus. lotus has better low end though and better apparent wind generation.

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 pm

I'll just add here that I have just bought 2 control bars for a custom self made race setup.
The bars are excellent quality with very good customer service and faultless communication.
FB_IMG_1479661100722.jpg
20161118_173525.jpg
20161118_175933.jpg

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:12 am

That looks similar to the original Pyscho3 bar. A very nice bar, both light and strong. It's a pity in this world where companies strive to degrade products year after year.

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:22 am

foilholio wrote:That looks similar to the original Pyscho3 bar. A very nice bar, both light and strong. It's a pity in this world where companies strive to degrade products year after year.
But prices still rise. After spending less than £170 making 2 bars. I can't understand even the second hand prices of bar's nowadays.
Quality doesn't have to mean expensive. But expensive is assumed to be high quality.

Matt Air
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lakes in Dallas, TX
USA
Favorite Beaches: Have kited in Southern Brazil, Greece, Texas coasts, and Hawaii
Style: Freestyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab Fx 9,12, Kitech foil kites 9m, 12m, Alpine foil, Xenon La Luz TT, cloud kite 5.5, 9m Ozone Edge

Postby Matt Air » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:23 am

Finally got the chance to fly at Kitech foil kites and I was immediately impressed. Got my hands on a demo 9m from Laszlo at https://kitehydrofoilmiami.com. From my first time riding it with my Alpine foil board I was sold. To be honest, I told myself that I have been wasting my time riding a tube kite and foiling. Immediately I felt improvement with my maneuvers and riding. The jumps were much easier to time and way more floaty and high which really helps with hydrofoil jumping, and of course landing! The additional pull and the nature of the loops makes transitions easier, especially with downloop and jypes. The range is better than my tube kites so I didn't have to worry when the wind picked up or dropped. Riding downwind or toeside, the kite stays in position and drifts very well. The biggest impression might have been the water relaunch. The first time I dropped it was in deep water when the wind dropped. The kite sorted itself out, and self launched practically by itself. The next time I dropped it, nothing really happened so I pulled the back lines and bam, reverse launch and off it went. It stays like an inflated pillow in the water, so no rush to get kite back in the air.

I have ridden other foil kites (flysurfer speed, chrono), but this one is much easier to use, more reactive. It feels and turns like a tube kite, and launching was easier with no tip-tucks. A new kiter (less than a year) was impressed with what he saw and bought a 15m. He figured the kite out quickly was doing his biggest jumps on his first ride out. I got to ride the 15m with a twintip and had a blast. I think I'll ride the kites with TT for old-school tricks given the extra float.

So I'll be getting a 9m and 12m to use mostly with foil but also TT when I feel like it. They don't go as fast as a super high aspect foil kite, but since Im not racing competitively Im okay with that. The price is also much, much less. I also like and have a Cloud kite which works well with a foil also, but I find the Kitech has better range and jumping ability. The clouds also have more bar pressure in the higher end, though they are quicker turning.

I encourage people to give the kite a try, especially if you are a foiler or as a first foil kite.

- Matt

Return to “Foil Kites”