Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone know any details on the new upcoming foil from Flysurfer?

For all foil kite riders
Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anyone know any details on the new upcoming foil from Flysurfer?

Postby Armin Harich » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Today at 6:00 PM MESZ / Berlin time = 11:00 AM EST = 10:00 AM CST = 8:00 AM PST our developer Benni Bölli und head of int sales and marketing Christoph Hesina will make a live presentation and answer your questions about the SOUL
It will happen at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/flysurferkiteboarding/ . If you subscribe, you will be informed when it starts. You can ask questions there, that we will try to answer live.
We will also upload it later to our youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/FlysurferKites , that also non facebook users can follow it.
If you have questions, and not facebook you can also ask here.

Cheers, Armin

We decided to make the SOUL in more narrow sizesteps. But we don´t make every size. The Windrange is that big, that skipping one size is always easy.

We have super elastic rodes / rigid foils. You can crumble it like you want and it will spring back perfect into original shape. Some brands don´t use such elastic rodes and than you need to pack it up very carefully.
Here a short Video from our Paraglider, that use the same elastic rodes: https://youtu.be/32vqqpGsGvI?t=1m55s
Last edited by Armin Harich on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Double Post. So i delet it. More infos here: http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:12 am

Armin Harich wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 pm
Today at 6:00 PM MESZ / Berlin time = 11:00 AM EST = 10:00 AM CST = 8:00 AM PST our developer Benni Bölli und head of int sales and marketing Christoph Hesina will make a live presentation and answer your questions about the SOUL
It will happen at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/flysurferkiteboarding/ . If you subscribe, you will be informed when it starts. You can ask questions there, that we will try to answer live.
We will also upload it later to our youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/FlysurferKites , that also non facebook users can follow it.
If you have questions, and not facebook you can also ask here.

Cheers, Armin

We decided to make the SOUL in more narrow sizesteps. But we don´t make every size. The Windrange is that big, that skipping one size is always easy.

We have super elastic rodes / rigid foils. You can crumble it like you want and it will spring back perfect into original shape. Some brands don´t use such elastic rodes and than you need to pack it up very carefully.
Here a short Video from our Paraglider, that use the same elastic rodes: https://youtu.be/32vqqpGsGvI?t=1m55s
Armin, I had a question about the Lotus coating inside the kite. I have owned the Lotus 15 and 10m (still have the 10) and have had mixed results with the Lotus cloth. Love the strength and lightness but I had issues where the Lotus cloth actually attracted sand more than the old DLX cloth. I didn't have this problem everywhere but at my home beach at the time (Pismo beach Cali) it would be an issue. I don't know if the sand in Pismo is different(a lot of silicon in the sand there) which makes it stick to the Lotus cloth.
This worries me because if I were to have this issue with the Soul and end up having sand stuck on the inside of the foil, it would greatly increase the wing's weight. Any suggestions to prevent this issue from happening? Is it the same exact coating as the old S4 Lotus's? Thank you.

=Jason-

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Jason.

The SOUL with the X-Light Fabric has inside the Lotus with Silicon Coating and outside the Deluxe (PU) Coating. So it has the best oil both Worlds :-).
Maybe someone have experiences already with the SOUL and can share it.

Thank you, Armin

Bossstyle
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Portland
Style: Freeride
Gear: F-one bandit 11m 2018
F-one bandit 9m 2018
F-one Mitu pro surf board
Flyradical 5 twin tip
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bossstyle » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 am

Shame they don’t do an 11m and 13m.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Bossstyle wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 am
Shame they don’t do an 11m and 13m.
10 is great.. 12 Don’t know but on the wish list.. and hmm now I’ll add a 6 & 8 to that list too.

11/13 or 10/12 does it really matter?

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:43 am

Armin Harich wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:20 pm
Hi Jason.

The SOUL with the X-Light Fabric has inside the Lotus with Silicon Coating and outside the Deluxe (PU) Coating. So it has the best oil both Worlds :-).
Maybe someone have experiences already with the SOUL and can share it.

Thank you, Armin
Hey Armin,
I have both an 8m and 15m and have loved them. My favorite foils of all times now. I've had no problems with sand sticking on the inside of the kite but I have yet to launch on a beach with a lot of silicon in the sand like Pismo but I don't expect any problems. I've done a couple videos reviewing the Soul, here's my latest on the 8m. Spoiler, it's a fantastic kite!

https://youtu.be/u5cn3iAfnic

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank you, Adventure Logs for your reviews. That is what we kitesurfer need. independent feedback and raw video of the kite flying.

I have watched and shared your both videos. I hope, more people will share their experiences.

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:40 am

I'm searching for a lightwind kite for hydrofoiling. Could someone compare soul to flysurfer speed - is speed too slow to generate power when trying to get on foilboard?
There are much more 2nd hand speeds available. Soul is still quite expensive.. How about HQ matrixx, anyone compared it to speed and/or soul?
I already have a 12m strutless LEI (4-7 m/s), but a 15m foil kite would give more foilboarding days when the wind is 2-4 m/s.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am

2-4 m/s needs very special equipment. Very light kites to just stay in the air. Soul is so so for this - forget rest. You need kite in ultra light cloth.

Return to “Foil Kites”