or?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone Chrono V3

Postby Matteo V » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:58 am

You need to get on a Speed 5 my friend, you might be pleasantly surprised. The Chrono completely to the Speed 5. And comparing the Chrono 1 to Sonic FR (I had both in 18), the Sonic blew Ozone out of the water for performance, stability, and inflation. The SonicFR 18m to this day is still my favorite large foil kite even though I haven't tried that size on Sonic2. The jump in performance between the Speed 4 and 5 is huge yet it maintains the great stability you would expect from Flysurfer. I hope to get my hands on the Chrono 3 but for that price range without any kind of warranty is a deal breaker for me.
=Jason-
You have got me convinced to give the speed another try, at least for a demo or to borrow one. I had given up on them. And the reality is that I am more leaning toward the Pansh A-15 as an alternative to shelling out $3000 for my next kite. If I can demo one of them, and it is close enough to my Matrixx 1's in capabilities, I may just save the dough.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:58 am

I hope to get my hands on the Chrono 3 but for that price range without any kind of warranty is a deal breaker for me.

=Jason-
Hi Jason,

Can you clarify what you mean with this? Why would you claim there there is no warranty for Ozone Kites? That is simply not true.

--
Gunnar

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andylc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 am

I think Flysurfer might have a 12 month ‘repair any damage’ cover...??

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:31 am

gmb13 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am
Hi Jason,

Can you clarify what you mean with this? Why would you claim there there is no warranty for Ozone Kites? That is simply not true.

--
Gunnar
Gunnar, I’m surprised you didn’t know what I meant since you use to work for Flysurfer. I mean their repair any damage 12 month warranty. I’ve had to use it a couple time through out the years and it has saved me a lot of money.

If I was new to foil kites, that warranty would be a huge factor in my buying decision. Not having to worry about screwing up and destroying the kite really helps you progress initially.

=Jason-

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gmb13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:08 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:31 am
gmb13 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am
Hi Jason,

--
Gunnar
Gunnar, I’m surprised you didn’t know what I meant since you use to work for Flysurfer. I mean their repair any damage 12 month warranty. I’ve had to use it a couple time through out the years and it has saved me a lot of money.

If I was new to foil kites, that warranty would be a huge factor in my buying decision. Not having to worry about screwing up and destroying the kite really helps you progress initially.

=Jason-
Hi Jason,

I know about the Free Repair Service, but you said that "but for that price range without any kind of warranty is a deal breaker for me." You have said that Ozone has no warranty, which is not true.
You also falsely claimed that I sped up my video. Check your facts (or translations) before you post.

I must also correct you on your statement of "any damage" . Again you left out an important word the original. It is actually "almost any damages that may occur during the first year." Continued by: "Deliberate damage or damaged caused by gross negligence of the user (for example, due to direct contact with an obstacles, etc.) is also excluded"

Please make sure to only post correct information you can back up. It is in everyones interest.

--
Gunnar

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

Sorry Gunnar I wasn’t as specific and I understand as an Ozone dealer/employee you are financially motivated by your sales.

I did write that it looked like the vid was sped up, not that it actually was. Obviously there’s the standard issue but I can see where someone could be misled. And I did use that warranty somewhat on my Orginal 18m with the decent in bridle from the factory. It was a known defect which basically destroyed my kite and Ozone did cover most but not all of it.

Not sure why someone would want to purposely damage their kite but we gotta have disclaimers for everything.

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pm
https://vimeo.com/249789509

Hi Gunnar,

very nice video, motivates me to go back to big air one day :D and shows Chrono V3 for sure does not have any lack of performance for that.

It also once have to be said, that it is very cool to have now with Ozone another brand to choose from who takes foil kites serious with 3 lines of kites for any level which are developed continuously. I think even if there have been many new foil kite manufacturers in the last 3 years there is nobody just close to the level of the two big: Ozone and Flysurfer. There are for sure some spot lights as for example fone or elf competitive in race or also some manufacturers with cheaper construction for normal kiters, but there is nobody with the combination of quality, performance, number of models and kites.

As long nobody has flown it, the biggest difference that we can see what already have been said. But maybe there is also some pressure form production, as we all know how big the effort of sewing a foil is and also people who do this job should earn their money, maybe also FS have to go a similar step, we will see in future.

While cleaning up my PC found some nice real old school videos of Chrono V1 time :D (first two). Still such a great kite.
kompi-kite.jpg
Also the new small Wave is not bad, but as I said compared to the big two companies, here I still will have to do some bridle job to have it really where I want it to be.

Still interested in comparison in between V3 and Hyperlink.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Gunnar,
What's the comparable size between HL and the Chrono V3? 12/11?
If I'm replacing my 12 single strut lei for Hydrofoiling. 8-12 knots conditions. ( Not 6 knots! )
80kg on Moses foils. 590 wing in light wind, 550 wing otherwise.
Next kite down would be 9m single strut LEI with good power.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gmb13 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am
Sorry Gunnar I wasn’t as specific and I understand as an Ozone dealer/employee you are financially motivated by your sales.

I did write that it looked like the vid was sped up, not that it actually was. Obviously there’s the standard issue but I can see where someone could be misled. And I did use that warranty somewhat on my Orginal 18m with the decent in bridle from the factory. It was a known defect which basically destroyed my kite and Ozone did cover most but not all of it.

Not sure why someone would want to purposely damage their kite but we gotta have disclaimers for everything.
Me being an Ozone Dealer / Legend ;-) has nothing to do with the fact that you are making misleading (at best) or false comments about Ozone in this thread.

--
Gunnar

Return to “Foil Kites”