Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby foilholio » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 am

Nice video, good to see a girl kite well ! Funny at the end last kite out is a Pansh Aurora 1, lol. Kite needs a tune, horrible tips there. Watched some of her other vids very good!

sonny2727
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: St Kilda
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon

Postby sonny2727 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:02 am

Has anyone tried Soul 10 or 12m with different bar sizes? I have few ozone bars (45, 50,55cm) not sure which one I shall shorten lines from 25m to 21m ...
According to FS 50cm but then like everything else there's pros and cons..
thanks

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:00 am

sonny2727 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:02 am
Has anyone tried Soul 10 or 12m with different bar sizes? I have few ozone bars (45, 50,55cm) not sure which one I shall shorten lines from 25m to 21m ...
thanks
You'll be good with a 50cm bar on those sizes. I run my 15m on a 50 bar and in my opinion it's a little to small but I like larger bars to help speed up the kite. The 55cm might be good on the 12m but the 10m will like the 50 best.

=Jason-

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 am

Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:50 pm
downunder wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am
There must be some trade off, it is just not discovered yet. Actually it is, since you claiming that you got it for a good price, this means the first owner sold it because of...(*)?

One thing is a worry tho, if the kite is that well sealed, what happens with the moisture inside of it when stored?

There is a reason why I ask, since I do wash my kites if taken salt water, and dry it after. Even the condensation can't evaporate from inside. Sure, this is irrelevant when new, but when the mold attacks the fabric, it wont be. And no matter what, some ppl just hate discoloration.

Something to think of isn't it...I'm sure AL will know the answers already, kinda like, who cares if it's flying good ;) Than back to *.
Ignore the troll. He hates the soul but doesn’t know why lol

No, I just admire your pimping of the product all the way....You are the pimp, you realize that don't you?

The pimp who hates everyone not conforming to his views, which he then calls an "ignorant cunt" - here, let me remind you and everyone else of who you really are: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2399844&start=20

Righto. Regis-de-giens is an 'ignorant cunt" too coz he knows what I'm talking about and you do not? Or you do, but decided to ignore and pimp anyway (hint, a 10cm throw).

Oh, anyone who sold the Soul kite coz they disliked it are "ignorant cunts"? Whow. You are ignoring the fact that I've said a numerous times the Soil is a great kite....

Ignorant c..t

lol

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:42 am

sonny2727 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:02 am
thanks
Lately I have been moving all my FS kites to the 60 cm bar on 11m and above. I just find things more responsive, especially the sonics where you have to keep em moving. I ordered the Soul 12m for my significant other with the 60 and she is loving it. You can always run your hands closer together to tone it down a bit...but when you are down looping or really working the kite in light wind its nice to have the extra throw.

Personal preference and just one opinion. One might argue that the Soul being faster turning doesn't need it.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:50 am

downunder wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:02 am
Adventure Logs wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:50 pm
downunder wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am
There must be some trade off, it is just not discovered yet. Actually it is, since you claiming that you got it for a good price, this means the first owner sold it because of...(*)?

One thing is a worry tho, if the kite is that well sealed, what happens with the moisture inside of it when stored?

There is a reason why I ask, since I do wash my kites if taken salt water, and dry it after. Even the condensation can't evaporate from inside. Sure, this is irrelevant when new, but when the mold attacks the fabric, it wont be. And no matter what, some ppl just hate discoloration.

Something to think of isn't it...I'm sure AL will know the answers already, kinda like, who cares if it's flying good ;) Than back to *.
Ignore the troll. He hates the soul but doesn’t know why lol

No, I just admire your pimping of the product all the way....You are the pimp, you realize that don't you?

The pimp who hates everyone not conforming to his views, which he then calls an "ignorant cunt" - here, let me remind you and everyone else of who you really are: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2399844&start=20

Righto. Regis-de-giens is an 'ignorant cunt" too coz he knows what I'm talking about and you do not? Or you do, but decided to ignore and pimp anyway (hint, a 10cm throw).

Oh, anyone who sold the Soul kite coz they disliked it are "ignorant cunts"? Whow. You are ignoring the fact that I've said a numerous times the Soil is a great kite....

Ignorant c..t

lol
Hey I say it as I see it. You seem to be the only one to speak negative of the kite yet you've never flown it and refuse to demo one. I pimp the Soul because it really is the next step in foil kites. Like I said before, go demo one and see. Until you actually ride one, you are just talking out of your ass.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby downunder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:51 pm

Well, maybe you need to tone it down a bit, since if you did not know, this is a German site and we do not talk like that in Germany.

In fact, showing a mid finger to someone publicly in DE is 2000 Euros fine on a spot.

So your insulting communication is even more fined. Think of that next time when u visit DE.

Plus, to demo a kite is, well, impossible for many. I did demo Boost1, and? Exploded after 15-20 sessions. Great kite tho, but almost killed me. A drop from 9m height kills, u know. Sorry, no, u ignoring that fact, but I'm ignorant c..t.

Out.
Last edited by downunder on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:53 pm

downunder wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:51 pm
Well, maybe you need to tone it down a bit, since if you did not know, this is a German site and we do not talk like that in Germany.

In fact, showing a mid finger to someone publicly in DE is 2000 Euros fine on a spot.

So your insulting communication is even more fined. Think of that next time when u visit DE.

Out.
Glad I'm from the land of the free.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby downunder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Yep, enjoying your freedom here, and our hospitality...

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:42 am

Wow 2000 for a middle finger? Germany really got screwed good after the war!

Return to “Foil Kites”