Peter Lynn Charger 3

For all foil kite riders

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Re: Peter Lynn Charger 3

Postby kitejumping » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 am

Someone got some drone footage last month on a day when we didn't have much wind, was flying the charger v3:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... KiftxuaWQc

Embedding link seems to be broken.

nothing2seehere
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Kitesurfing and windsurfing
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 am

Out of interest - would this make a good first foil kite? I usually fly fast LEI kites so this looked a reasonable first step as the characteristics are closer to those of an LEI than some designs.

I'm 80kg. Do a mixture of twin tip, surf board in the chop, hydrofoil and landboarding. Was thinking about a 10m charger v3 to replace my biggest LEI (10m). Was wondering if it might make a reasonable allround kite or whether I'm asking a little too much and the landboarding and hydrofoiling (the activities I do when its not 18knots +) will be wrong for the design as without the bridle it doesn't work so well in light winds?

jumptheshark
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Have no idea about the newest charger but back with the venoms, that style of non bridled foil (arcs) were always less powerful per meter than LEIs and way less than bridled foils. Not much projected area. They were also pretty slow. They were fantastic for learning on as they auto zenith when you let go and just wait there.

Would like to try the latest, but have been spoiled by fast kites for so many years now and have doubts I could go back.

nothing2seehere
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Kitesurfing and windsurfing

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks! That's the type of feedback I needed. Its sometimes difficult to read between the lines of the marketing info.

Return to “Foil Kites”