Forum for snow- and landkiters
Spam Dagger
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Foils for snow

Postby Spam Dagger » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:12 pm

I'm debating on a new ligth wind foil. I live in upstate NY and am able to get out pretty much every day. I've got 4.9 and 7.2 blade I's right now and the problem I've got is that I want something bigger but the wind conditions are usually fairly gusty. Last night for example it was alternating from the kite falling out of the sky (if I didn't work it) to fully powered on my 7.2. No kite sounds great for handling gusts but I'm wondering if there are better ones. Also, how come every snowkite vid I download hardly ever has blades?? Advance and Ozone seemed to be the choice at Lautaret. Is that just a result of who was sponsored to be there? Any advice from people who have flown more than one brand of kite???

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:00 am

I recommend the 12M Ozone Frenzy or the 14M Voodoo. The 12 Frenzy is my favorite of the two because it feels more stable to me. I also like how it performs on jumps. Consider the Voodoo if you want a water relaunchable kite as well. You can use the Frenzy on the water, but it does not relaunch.

Both kites do well in gusty conditions. I find that the depower range on both kites is similar to an LEI.

Kenny

Return to “Snow / Land”