waist harness vs.seat

Forum for snow- and landkiters
demo
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

waist harness vs.seat

Postby demo » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:15 pm

I am planning on purchasing a new seat harness. I'm purchasing it for kiteboarding but want to know how they will work for kitesking as well with all the extra winter clothing.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby not annonymous » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:20 am

I use a seat harness (dakine fusioin) for kite snowboarding and on the water sometimes, but I don't like it for riding skis.

The problem is that the spreader bar hook is pretty well fixed under your belly button, so it is facing forward and not towards the kite. On skis the pull is comming more from your side, not from your front like with a snowboard or kiteboard.

When I ski with the seat harness I end up twisting my body into a very unnatural position to keep the loop/ harness line from falling off the bar. The pull feels unnatural as well, since it is comming from a couple of inches in front of your body, instead of somewhere in line with your body.

A harness where the bar can slide from side to side (pretty much all waist harnesses) works much better, for me at least. Not sure if anyone makes a seat harnesses with a sliding bar.

The fit issue can be a problem, my fusion seat fits me fine with a thick wetsuit or winter clothes, when I try to use it in swim trunks it is too loose - it rides up and the leg straps keep poping open.

Return to “Snow / Land”