Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How Are the B series from slingshot? whichis the best brand?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
negrochile 1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How Are the B series from slingshot? whichis the best brand?

Postby negrochile 1 » Tue May 18, 2004 11:47 pm

I ride Slingshot in water and love it, I´m wondering how´s the B8 and B6 for snow? Which is the best kite for snow?

Sesya.

J-Hole Michael
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby J-Hole Michael » Wed May 19, 2004 7:45 pm

The Slingshot B's are good kites, very simple to fly, but because they are only 2 line, they have no depower except stomping on your edge and forcing the kite to the front of the window.

You could try adding a 5th line to your blimps...

I think, though that foils are hands down the most functional tool for anyone who wants to do a lot of kiting in the snow, they are quick to set up and put away, they relaunch easily, you can carry multiples for changing conditions

In my opinion, the Ozone Frenzy's are the bomb, huge wind range, easy to pack up ( so you can carry a size up or down on your back for long trips...) and just in case you haven't seen the psycho jumps Chasta is throwing down on them... it looks they fly ok too, though I'm not that much of a jumper yet.

I guess it's all personal preference...

have fun.

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Wed May 19, 2004 11:25 pm

J-Hole Michael wrote:The Slingshot B's are good kites, very simple to fly, but because they are only 2 line, they have no depower except stomping on your edge and forcing the kite to the front of the window.
Not such a bad thing, It forces you to learn how to control the power using edging/ board speed and that will make you a better rider on the water.

B5 - good power, gets to the edge of the window reasonably fast when you edge, you can generate a lot of power by sining so it works pretty well in relatively light conditions. Once you get the kite up to a cretian speed (through sining or board speed) it seems to really pump out the power which is nice for jumping.

I've used the b5 quite a bit, mostly on the water but also on snow. Also the b3 sometimes when it's gale winds.

With the b5 you can usually relaunch it off the snow by slacking the lines and letting the wind flip it over, or else pulling in one line to get the wind under it - takes a bit of practice though and it seems to get harder to do the larger the kite (e.g. b3 is real easy to relaunch). On the water you swim it in after crashing it which is also a good lesson in not dropping your kite.

The b-series kites also have bridle attachment points on the trailing edge so it is possible to rig a relaunch line but it might take some experimentation to make a suitable bridle. I have built a sort-of successful bridle for the b3 to use it as a 4-line buggy kite with handles.

Which size to get would depend on what winds/ snow conditons you want to ride in. B5 is about equivelant to 2002 10 meter Fuel.

Heather

Samurai, the right kite for the right price!

Postby Heather » Fri May 21, 2004 5:20 am

Ozone has a new kite, The Samurai. It will be priced fairly and offer a complete user friendly package including a brake line safety system on control bar or handles. Looks like the Samurai will be one sweet snowkite package.

Windzup,

Heather

LOS
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby LOS » Mon May 24, 2004 5:55 am

I've been riding the B's for 3 seasons, they work great. B-8 is the best all around. B-10 has a little more power but has some issues. the only problem with the b-series is light wind. 12mph minimum to ride powered up. EASY setup.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Re: How Are the B series from slingshot? whichis the best br

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed May 26, 2004 7:00 am

negrochile 1 wrote:I ride Slingshot in water and love it, I´m wondering how´s the B8 and B6 for snow? Which is the best kite for snow?

Sesya.
Sesya, do yourself a favour and get a test fly of some 4 line or depowerable foils. The best brands are Ozone, especially the 04 Frenzy and the new Samurai, and Flexifoil Blade 3's
If you have ever flown 4 line foils on land, you would never fly any 2 liners, way to many hassles, and all the ones I have flown turn too slow especially anything over 5M
There is a safety issue with them to, they cannot have an effective safety system, and cannot be self landed easily when powered up, re-launch is a bitch. I have been flying foils for over 12 years.

wreknball

relaunch bridle for your slingshot

Postby wreknball » Fri May 28, 2004 7:04 pm

I have a slingshot b-6 that is identical to the windwing 550. The windwings are cheaper and I think they are made in the same factory. Anyway, windwing makes relaunch bridles for their foils that also fit the slingshot B series. BUT if it is ease of use, a wide windrange, and performance you are looking for in a foil kite, nothing compares to the Ozone frenzy for snowkiting.

Return to “Snow / Land”