Lost
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blade 1 - 7.2 help

Postby Lost » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:43 pm

Hey guys,
I ve found for sale a Blade 1 size 7.2 . I dont know nothing about this kite. I used LEI but it is a good deal. It is worth it to get is as a snowkite?
It is a big diferance between Blade 1 2, and 3?
thanks,
V

Gamelord
Medium Poster

Postby Gamelord » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:41 am

The Blade series kites have improved through each version of kites, the II is better than the I and the III is better than the II. Depending on the wind, the 7.2 could be quite a bit of kite for the snow. The Blade is an excellent kite, depending on the price, condition, and wear it could be a very good kite for the snow.

Re: Blade 1 - 7.2 help

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:06 am

I wouldn't have picked the 7.2m for this. I have a frenzy and a 7.2m and I would have thought something with depower as much better. With a Blade 7.2m your usable wind range will be very small. The latter Blades are supposed to turn much quicker.
Lost wrote:Hey guys,
I ve found for sale a Blade 1 size 7.2 . I dont know nothing about this kite. I used LEI but it is a good deal. It is worth it to get is as a snowkite?
It is a big diferance between Blade 1 2, and 3?
thanks,
V

Gamelord
Medium Poster

Postby Gamelord » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:50 am

The Frenzy would definately be a better choice for the snow because of the depower and the wider wind range, gust handling is also better on the Frenzy. The Blade is going to be quite a bit of power but will work great in the lower wind ranges. The power of the 7.2 blade would probably be equivilant to a 13-15 m LEI (depending on the model and aspect ratio). If the price is right, it would still be a great choice for the light wind days. If you can find a great deal on a Frenzy (or '04 Frenzy) it would be a better choice IMO but the blade is still a nice kite.

Return to “Snow / Land”