Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hand vs Electric pump

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Hand vs Electric pump

Postby Laughingman » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Dimitri M wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pumping your kite with a hand pump is part of your warm up before going kiting.
I always use a pump to warm up before I go kiting. This is why some times I don't mind pumping 2 or 3 kites but they can be bigger then 10 meters.
:thumb:
I'd rather warm up on the water. You can pump my kites anytime you want Dimitri.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Ok Laughingman.
As long as it is an EPIC kite I am pumping. :thumb:

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby NHKitesurfer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:22 pm

My #1 issue with a manual pump has more to do with it being bad for my back at 6ft 4.
And for those wondering about the 2 stage turbo Bravo pump vs the single stage...the single stage actually pumps the kite faster. We tested them side by side and the single stage wins out every time on the exact same kite.

AeolianKitesurfing
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Aeolia
Style: Lazy Riding
Gear: Cabrinha, Aeolian Board, Mystic Harness, Triple Action Pump
Brand Affiliation: Aeolian Kitesurfing

Postby AeolianKitesurfing » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:51 pm

Mmmhhh, sorry, I don't want to highjack this tread, but my lovely Bravo BST 12 Kite pump comes with a car charger cable which you plug into the cigarette charger. Recharged from zero to 100% in appr. 1.5 hours.

Have a great day! :D

Cheers
Caesar 8)
The Triple Action Pump will also charge in the car but are you really going to wait 1.5hrs to kite? You're going for your manual backup which the Triple Action Pump has built in because it is both a hand pump and an electric inflator. If you ever forget to charge it then you can just do all the work by hand. We need less gear to stuff in the car... not more.

Further, lets talk about all that metal in your Bravo Pump. Does a metal compressor really belong in a salty, sandy and wet environment? And am I really supposed to pay extra for a sand filter???

No, these are things we thought about when making the Triple Action Pump...a pump by kiters and for kiters.

Pump Smarter, Not Harder!

AeolianKitesurfing
Rare Poster

Postby AeolianKitesurfing » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Dimitri M wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pumping your kite with a hand pump is part of your warm up before going kiting.
I always use a pump to warm up before I go kiting. This is why some times I don't mind pumping 2 or 3 kites but they can be bigger then 10 meters.
And don't forget to stretch while the first action inflates the kite. Then you can finish your warmup by pressurizing manually.

Looks like we might put Dimitri's Kite Pumping Services LLC. out of business. Don't worry though...there's always line walking.

Vlad

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:14 pm

AeolianKitesurfing wrote:
And don't forget to stretch while the first action inflates the kite. Then you can finish your warmup by pressurizing manually.

Looks like we might put Dimitri's Kite Pumping Services LLC. out of business. Don't worry though...there's always line walking.

Vlad
Actually line walking is also a thing of the past. I haven't walked my lines for over a year other then maybe after a messy self rescue.

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby NHKitesurfer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:19 pm

Mmmhhh, sorry, I don't want to highjack this tread, but my lovely Bravo BST 12 Kite pump comes with a car charger cable which you plug into the cigarette charger. Recharged from zero to 100% in appr. 1.5 hours.

Have a great day! :D

Cheers
Caesar 8)
The Triple Action Pump will also charge in the car but are you really going to wait 1.5hrs to kite? You're going for your manual backup which the Triple Action Pump has built in because it is both a hand pump and an electric inflator. If you ever forget to charge it then you can just do all the work by hand. We need less gear to stuff in the car... not more.

Further, lets talk about all that metal in your Bravo Pump. Does a metal compressor really belong in a salty, sandy and wet environment? And am I really supposed to pay extra for a sand filter???

No, these are things we thought about when making the Triple Action Pump...a pump by kiters and for kiters.

Pump Smarter, Not Harder!
My bravo pump sits in a bag it came with which sits in a soft cooler preventing sand and debris from getting near it. Furthermore, I placed a nylon stocking over the pump the day I got it and not a piece of sand has made it's way near the pump. It looks and performs like new and it's pumped a few hundred kites.

AeolianKitesurfing
Rare Poster

Postby AeolianKitesurfing » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Laughingman wrote:

Vlad
Actually line walking is also a thing of the past. I haven't walked my lines for over a year other then maybe after a messy self rescue.
Long Live LineManagers!!!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one guys. Again every body has their own way of pumping and setting up their kites.
For example, personally like I mentioned before I always like to pump my kite and roll my lines. Plus very important, I like to set up my lines behind the kite and not in front just because its cleaner to me and safer when launching your kite especially if you are by yourself.

Also, I still believe that walking the lines should be part of your kite set up routine. Because this is when you can check if your lines have knots in them or are ready to break. (see video bellow)

Also if you want to unroll your lines fast and easy you need to know how to roll your lines once you are done kiting. This will make things much easier for your next kite session. (see video bellow)

I hope these videos helps. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Vlad, looks great. I use a little airhead inflator and top off with the manual. Looks like you have all-in-one. How does the battery handle cold temps for snowkiting? More importantly, how can I get one??

Return to “Snow / Land”