Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite-o-rado Snowkite Conditions

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Grandmesa CO
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Style: Snow kiting, buggy, water
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kite-o-rado Snowkite Conditions

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Grand Mesa Park and ride. Justin, my newest Victim of the Breeze, and I hit it not so hard yesterday. :D The GOOD 6" to 8" of nice fresh, :cry: The BAD low winds 7 to 10 mph, :evil: The UGLY my lines got wrapped around my bar and I had to do my first ever Intentional release. My 15 flew into the center of the highway and a bystander rescued it and brought it over to the side of the road. Thank you ACE for not letting anybody get hurt by my kite. Justin called it his best day ever and in post analysis I would agree. Even though he spent a lot of time trying to get my 11 escape into the air, it was good practice and he got better and better at it. Total ride for the session about 7 miles with speeds to 18 MPH and 2 4' lifts. All in all a good day. Going to try again for tomorrow, Sunday, with a sled ride out to kite lake leaving sled parking lot around 12 drop me a line if your interested. :bye:

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Ivanpah CA, Metro Park MI, 6 Mile on lake Mohave NV. Daulpin island Al
Gear: 21m Flysurfer Soul, 17m LEI Cabrinha Contra, 13m Waroo LEI, 11 m foil Frenzy Ozone, 11m Lei Escape PL, 9m Lei Nemesis Best, 7m Lei Waroo, 6m foil apex HQ, 174 SB for the Pow, 169 split SB for the outback, Cabrinha 154 twin tip for the lake, 600 switchback Polaris to get me there, and why not add in a nice new big foot buggy for that once a year buggy blast at Ivanpah.

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:53 am

Hey does any body out there want to try to put together a Snow Mesa trip. Have sled and a very serious itch to check it out! Steve are you out there? Chris and anybody else.

ScottN
Rare Poster
Style: Snow kite
Gear: Ozone
Has thanked: 0

Postby ScottN » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:46 pm

I was on the Jarosa side on the 8th, the snow was ok (good for this year) the trail was groomed by the Lake City Snowmobile club. The Snow Mesa trail was not groomed so you probably would not be able to make it all the way up to the top. The web cam at the top of Spring Creek showed they got a little more snow yesterday. Wednesday looks like 15-20 and I might go down there.

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:46 pm

@Glickster. Great shot looking down on Silverton! Thanks for sharing. Nice score.

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Scott thanks for the update. If you don't mind message me your number I would like to talk and get more information. We met on kite beach blue Mesa a couple of years ago, Catamaraning . Grand Mesa park and ride report all fresh corn snow. With good winds in the low teens. Very good 2hr session yesterday.

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Postby matthepp » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 pm

It's still good on RMP above 11k, and the snow is starting to go away below that. Bare grass south slopes YIKES. Here's a shot "in the tube" coming down the Putney Pipeline.
putney pipe 3-25-18.jpg

Anthonyshopguy
Medium Poster

Postby Anthonyshopguy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Some day!

glickster
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby glickster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:44 am

NW wind today so I went for the top of the Bear Creek basin just below Engineer Pass. Good 10m boosting and cruising with generally nice snow. On the way home I got sidetracked in Grouse Gulch for an evening rippled powder session. So much to explore up there. For better or for worse (the later in my opinion) they're working on plowing the roads up in there.

glickster
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby glickster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:45 am

Anyone up for Poverty Gulch tomorrow?

soplo
Rare Poster
Gear: A few Access foils
Kahoona 12