Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Snowkiting - are people losing interest?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
nate76
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska
Style: Doubtful.
Gear: LC Pelican, Gin Marabou/Shaman/Spirit
Brand Affiliation: Tom Bourdeau designs, Gin

Re: Snowkiting - are people losing interest?

Postby nate76 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Anthony - I'd love to get together some time this winter. I'm planning a trip during spring break (I teach at a local school) in the March time-frame. Was planning another Snow Mesa trip, but am willing to reach a little further to some of the other places in CO like Lizzard Head or Grand Mesa. Grand Mesa sounds amazing; feel like I planted on the wrong side of the state for kiting.

Lets keep in touch though. I also have a Christmas break Dec 18 - 30 and definately have some serious snowkite fever developing.

Nate

Windstoked
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Thermalito Afterbay and Sherman Island, California
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Snowkiting - are people losing interest?

Postby Windstoked » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:49 am

fernmanus wrote:At my local spots (Skyline and Strawberry, UT), I have noticed far fewer kiters. This despite ideal conditions. It used to be that I was always guaranteed to ride with someone if I drove to Skyline any day of the week, but I have had solo sessions in epic conditions. Not sure what is going on?
I think it's likely that you out-badassed all the slope groomers on the ridge with your hardcore style of snowkiting and they realized that they either had to up their game or move onto something new.

Return to “Snow / Land”