Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysufer lotus fabric long term

Forum for snow- and landkiters
zob
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
MBS Pro90

Re: Flysufer lotus fabric long term

Postby zob » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:42 pm

plummet wrote:Side note. Apparently Speed 5 is in the wings to be released soon!
This was kind of funny.
Is there a side note for new Hero Session release? :D

lopor
Rare Poster
Gear: Catalyst 2014 9m, Soul 15 & 10
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lopor » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Don´t want to open a new thread so I ask here, as experienced Speed4 Lotus might read this topic - what is the windrange of Lotus 15m on snow? I mean the high end - I´d like to ride it up to 16-18 knots. Is it possible?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:08 pm

It depends on your weight, but I have seen light and heavy riders use the speeds in more wind on land. I don't think it'll be a problem.

Skywalker7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sostó
Favorite Beaches: Ulcinj
Style: Freeride
Gear: I have 14 kites, covering most of the major brands.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Skywalker7 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:14 am

windrider1 wrote:I would appreciate any long term owners of the flysurfer 4 lotus give me a review or update of the condition of the fabric . I recently purchased a 15m And love the kite and im thinking of getting another size to add to my quiver but im worried about the material its so thin and light . I kite every week and dont want to have to get a new kite in 2 to 3 years as we knw these kites cost a fortune. Lol my last foil lasted about 6 years of weekly use landboarding. Anyone care to give me an update on the condition of their lotus. Im looking for people who use it atleast once a week. Thanks in advance
I do have a Skywalk tandem paraglider which was made a very similar thinner silky smooth material. The exact name of that material (which was used for this glider) was: S9017-E25A. This is relatively newer material but the best manufacturers started using this one or a very similar silky type of fabric.
As my job is a tandem paraglider pilot I used this paraglider probably twice as much what used to be in this industry and the condition and airtightness of this material was excelent. So I guess the uv resistance and general longevity of this material is beyond belivable. Obviously we does not put in our glider is salty water etc. so the usage and care counts a lot in any material lifespan. However if you are using the lotus fabric carefully, (not washing in salty water, and laying it on the sun and highwinds, etc) than I guess it will double the lifespan of your kite compared to earlier materials. Also I heared that the DLX fabrics improved a lot from year 2012 so they are also a big step ahead anything before 2012.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

lopor wrote:Don´t want to open a new thread so I ask here, as experienced Speed4 Lotus might read this topic - what is the windrange of Lotus 15m on snow? I mean the high end - I´d like to ride it up to 16-18 knots. Is it possible?
I used to own Lotus 15m and IMO no problem 8-9m/s. On pure ice speeds gets easily relatively high so apparent wind pull is high. On snow it is easier to control riding speeds and the deeper or more wet the snow is more power you need. Wet deep snow you need similar levels of force to water twintip riding.

Return to “Snow / Land”