forum for snow- and landkiters
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1244
- Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:53 am
Flysurfer is introducing the Peak 3 in a few days. I am curious if they will meet any of my wish list. My list:
1. Less Bar Pressure
2. A larger size than a 12 added to the line-up.
3. Smaller packdown size and reduced weight.
The Peak 2 is a really sweet kite. I love how fast it is to launch and pack down. Plus, it is the most forgiving kite. Drop it and it almost magically relaunches every time. It is the perfect kite for a beginner. It is also an incredible kite for a lighter weight person as it flies in light wind. So many small kites are designed specifically for high winds. The problem is if you hand a 7m kite to a 100 LB person in 10 mph wind, most kites fail miserably, but not the Peak 2. It flies in the lightest of breezes.
I am really glad to see that Flysurfer is continuing to perfect this kite.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2001
- Local Beach: New England. So much better than moldy Old England.
- Style: Adapt and overcome.
- Gear: Foils and skis.
- Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Ozone, Flysurfer,HQ kites.
- Location: North Conway NH. USA
We're pretty psyched to get the Peak 3 in. Still waiting on final pricing but here's the tech video outlining the changes over the Peak 2.
The reefline will make deployment and recovery probably fastest of any kite on the market.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
- Kiting since: 2009
- Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Ogden Dunes, IN; Michigan City, IN; South Haven, MI; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
- Gear: Kites: 2012 Slingshot Rallys, Slingshot Turbine, Flysurfer Speed4, Best Kahoonas, Peter Lynn ARC
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Spleene Door 59, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, MHL Lift, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 54", Slingshot Coupe 6', Ocean Rodeo Mako, MBS Comp 95x
- Brand Affiliation: None
I was amazed to be able to fly 9m Peak2 in 2 knots and that alone meets all the expectations I had for Peaks.
Being single-skin cells will not explode in novices' hands which is an amazing feature too.
My wish was to have eartips without "pinches"/dents compared to single-skin Ozone XXLite which has them done pretty.
But it seems I'm not getting this wish granted on Peak3
Return to “Snow / Land”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests