athertop
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone Access 8m 2011
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Adding 5th line

Postby athertop » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi, I'm new to snowkiting and to the forum here, so wanted to say hi. Been a snowboarder for nearly 20 years so thought it about time I added the kite :-)

I picked up an Ozone Access XT 2011 8m kite (in brand new condition - literally never flown) and have also found a Frenzy 11m which I am looking at getting too. One thing I would be quite keen to have is consistency in the bar/line configuration between all the kites (used to have this in my different scuba rigs which made things far more intuitive when switching over kit). The Access does not have a 5th line whereas the Frenzy does (Frenzy comes with the 'Contact' snow control bar with push away chicken loop release and flag out). So wondering, if I were to share the Contact bar (the one with 5th line capability) between these kites, what would I need to do to bridle-up the 5th like to the Access 8m? There are no central attachment points sewn into the Access to attach a 5th line natively, so wondered if I could add an extra bridle spanning the inner-most ABC attachment points of the regular bridal, or would I need to get additional ones sewn in. In either case, should this attach to the 3 leading-most points, or more towards the trailing edge - I'm guessing leading A, B, C points? I'm looking at this purely as a means for emergency flagout release, rather than changing the dynamics of the kite in any way. Any advice?

Cheers, Paul

Return to “Snow / Land”