f-one in summer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Snowkite RTW trip: NZ - Australia - Tasmania

Postby ravil » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:01 am

made snowkite trip to NZ and Australia.
Snowkiting in Australia.
I was there Sep 26 -Oct3. All days were windy. Wind range was one day 12mph , two days 40mph and all rest about 20mph.
Lift up at Thredbo resort by Kosciouszko Express 37aud. It's better to take T-bar also but it will cost you much more. Walk right to valley.If you don't want to kite very strong turbulence walk up about 1 mile to pass. The wind becomes much better and less about 25%. The terrain is incredible by scale and variety of landscape.
I used Ozone Access 6m for kiting in rock teethes with huge turbulence and Hyperlink 9m for more safe areas or in wind shadows. Kited several times to the summit of Mt Kosciouszko 2228m by different routes and along Snowy River.
Locals are very friendly. The FB group is Kosi kiters.
Places to stay
Jindabyne town Backpackers from 35AUD but you have to drive about one hour and YHA Backpackers in Thredbo village 70 AUD. Also you have to pay National Park fee 29AUD per day.
Pics are here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 6c7efbcc99

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 6c7efbcc99
Last edited by ravil on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

rvrrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Garrett County Md.
Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Snowkite RTW trip. NZ -Australia

Postby rvrrat » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Love the pics. Looks like a real fun trip. Maybe someday!

ravil
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Volga river
Favorite Beaches: Blagovechenskaya, Anapa Black Sea,
Hurgada, Dahab Egypt Red Sea Dillon Lake, Powder Mts,
Style: old school
Gear: ozone in winter
f-one in summer

Postby ravil » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm

New Zealand snowkiting in South Island.
I was there from Aug 26 -Sep 24. Kited almost all days at Snowfarm spot snd two days at Old Woman Range Hut spot OWR. Thanks to Cris Steart for inviting. The kite was Ozone Hyperlink 9m. Missed only a few very strong wind days but there was no visibility anyway.
Snowfarm. Park and ride. The spot is very scenic. Rolling hills in different shapes, cornices continue till Mt Pisa summit 1964m.
The scale is not so huge as in Australia.n Snowy Mts but delivers a lot of kite fun. You never be bored here.
Much less hazards as rock teeth comparing to Australia.
As an option you can stay a night in Bob Lee Hut 35nzd. There is no power but it has wood heater, stove and dishes and toilet. It's about 4km from Snowfarm parking lot.
You can do also circulated ride around Snowfarm resort property. It takes a day. It's prohibited to enter to Snowfarm land so stay out of fence all the time.
The fees.
Snowfarm access road fee 10nzd each visit.
You have to pay also 50 nzd per month to local guy who owns the land next to Snowfarm.
Best place to stay is Wanaka. Hostels start from 30nzd or in Snowfarm resort about 150nzd.
OWR spot has hard access but no fees. You have to walk up about hour and half or use quad. The terrain is huge but more flat than Snowfarm.
You can stay a night at OWR Hut. It has a heater, beds, toilet but you have to bring your own fire woods.
Nearest town to stay is Cromwell but I stayed in Queenstown 30nzd.
Snow coverage was excellent at both spots.

Locals are friendly and very often famous in kite world.
They have two groups in fb Queenstown Wanaka snowkiters (closed group) and Southern Lakes Snowkiters

https://m.facebook.com/ravil.muslyumov/ ... =bookmarks

https://m.facebook.com/ravil.muslyumov/ ... edit_album

ravil
Rare Poster
f-one in summer

Postby ravil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:35 am

Just made snowkite trip to Tasmania.
Main spot is Ben Lomond. It's about 3 hours driving from Hobart. The terrain is not for beginners. It was windy. I used 4m Ozone Access. I was overpowered in the first day and just comfortable on the second.
Check the snow and road conditions on Ben Lomond Snow Sports fb page.

ravil
Rare Poster
f-one in summer

Re: Snowkite RTW trip. NZ -Australia-Tasmania

Postby ravil » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi all. My name is Ravil Muslyumov. Some of you know me, we met at snowkite spots across States, New Zealand, Australia, France in last years. May be some of you remember my name by posts devoted to snowkiting
Round The World Snowkite Tour,
Snowkiting at Denali Pass and Arctic Circle in Alaska,
Snowkiting in Tasmania and Australia in kiteforum.com.
I write the book. I never intended to do so but it happened. Its name is #Spyfiction. It's about all of us. There's collected stories of many of you. You recognise them even there is almost no names except those who died. Even your story James Brown is there although we never met.
By covid and some other obstacles I get stranded in Europe and right now in Italy, Rome. I still writing my book because each country brings in new stories. You can read parts of #Spyfiction in FB page Ravil Muslyumov and also in related page #Spyfiction. The content is burning so think twice before pressing Like or Add Friend. It's kinda Warning novel like 1984 and In Time movie. What I found out, what's a surprise, that all authorities don't want this book get happened.
I spent last mine and sent by close friends money. I longed with this post as long as I could but now I need community support. The fate of #Spyfiction and mine is in your hands. I know in nova days you also low in money. If you just share #spyfiction it also will be appreciated.
Actually I ask for to borrow money. I'll return all after the book will get published. So keep receipts. May be with profit. I hope with your help it happens.
To transfer money you could use or via bank desk or via Western Union to me directly or via our mutual friends whom you know in person. They sent money to me already. But I need to get their Yes before to do so.
By the way my US friends asked me about russian wife. This story Russian Wife is coming soon.
Account number if it's not clearly seen in photo

Return to “Snow / Land”