Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh kites for snow kiting

Forum for snow- and landkiters
mrandrewandrade
Rare Poster
Local Beach: In Canada: Long Beach, Long Point, Turkey Point, Nickle Beach, Sauble Beach Oliphant
In France: la nautique, leucate, VN
Favorite Beaches: La nautique in France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switch Element, Nitro and Helium
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Pansh kites for snow kiting

Postby mrandrewandrade » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:02 am

Hey everyone,

Been reading the forums about Pansh kites, specifically the Aurora2 and A15. I was looking at getting a couple mostly since I don't want to ruin my LEIs, and at Pansh's price point I feel like I can get 2-3 kites for the price of an LEI. Which do you recommend?

I was thinking of getting a 18M A15 or 19M Aurora2 for the water and low wind on snow, and then maybe 1-2 other power kites.

Best,

Andrew

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Re: Pansh kites for snow kiting

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:24 am

For an accurate advise you need to precise your ride objectives and conditions : Your weight, your board TT size,Hydrofoil ) , your snowkite style (Mountain or flat), and snowquality (Deep or ice) ;
Generally speaking a15 will be more all-round kite specially for snow.

mrandrewandrade
Rare Poster
Local Beach: In Canada: Long Beach, Long Point, Turkey Point, Nickle Beach, Sauble Beach Oliphant

Postby mrandrewandrade » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm

My weight is between 75-85 kg, and I have an old 2013 Cabrina prodigy which is 147 cm, so I am going to upgrade my twin tip. I am 2 months into the sport: I can ride upwind and learning to transition and jump better. I am more looking for a free ride as I do not know yet which style I like the most. i don't have any plans yet to start foiling but who knows.

Similarly with snowkiting it would be both mountain and flat, since when I go home for the holidays it would be flat and mountain otherwise. On the flat conditions I imagine it being icy as I will be on a frozen lake, and mountain I will of pray for powder :)

I guess I am looking for an all around setup.
Last edited by mrandrewandrade on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrandrewandrade
Rare Poster

Postby mrandrewandrade » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm

I also have a 15M switch helium2 (LEI) for the low end and just ordered a 10M element. I am usually in places with very low wind so getting a foil is for a better low end than the helium, and still get me out.

For snowkites, do people usually get different sizes or how does that work?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm

for everyone following-up I repeat herebelow my answer to your questions on Personal Message :
" I use a 4 line classic bar ; For a 19m aurora it is possible that a 2:1 bar can help making it turn.

19 m is great ont he water if your TT is very large ; Low end will be better than the 15m LEI, but far more slow to turn and far lower high end ; 19 m is too large for snowkiting unless you weigth 100 kg. Generally 12m is enough for snowkiting.

A15 is more agile and fun on the snow IMO but not test yet (I have a brand new a 15 in 9m but no snowkite conditions possible right now.

To me aurora on snow is worth only on flat areas, but too difficult to loop when climbing the mountains."

- On snow generally the wind range of a kite is extended ; a 9-11 meter kite covers a lot of wind. A15 will be funier IMO but less fast in straight line and less hangtime ( but similar jump height I guess);

- On water with a TT, the more power you have the funnier it is in light wind ; so 19m is a minimum IMO ( e.g. i loved to ride my 22m standard cloth with my poor 60 kg and very large TT) ; with a TT you need a forward traction angle, so the increased L/D ratio of the Aurora will help keeping upwind, hence funnier to ride ; light cloth is a comfortable option under 8 knots but not compulsary for TT riding (compulsary for HF in marginal wind IMO) ; light cloth can be a disavantage on snow since more fragile when ripping on the snow and prompt to accelerated wear with mountains UV's.

mrandrewandrade
Rare Poster

Postby mrandrewandrade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:51 pm

This is great! Seems like the best quiver would be a 19m Aurora2, light material strickly for very low end days on the water with a large TT.

Final question: What model of pansh kite would you recommend for the 9-11 M range? One which loops well and would work great up the mountains (and still be good for flat icy conditions)?

Return to “Snow / Land”