Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hyperflex Amp [K] kite specific Wetsuit Review w/ Video.

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hyperflex Amp [K] kite specific Wetsuit Review w/ Video.

Postby grantman54 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:48 am

Hyperflex Amp [K]

Hyperflex Amp [K]

Background:
I am a firstly a kiter, but also surf, SUP, and wakeboard. I used to work at a surf shop and got to wear all the top of the line suits. I took many wet suit “clinics” from the different manufactures and got to see the best aspects from each company.

Quality:
It’s very obvious when you see this suit that it is a nice suit. They have nice graphics on it but aren’t over done. The seams are very clean. The seam tape is spot on and in every spot you would want it. The inside of the seams have no excess glue exposed and the different panels match up perfectly. The velcro used is high quality and the zipper is the best I have seen. Everywhere you look on this suit you will find well-engineered aspects and great construction.

Features:
The Amp [K] wetsuit is designed for kiters but will work just like a normal suit for surfing. It has the following features:
--Velcro ankle straps – prevents water shooting up your leg.
--ADS ankle drain system – prevents kiting kankles
--W.E.B. water catch system – prevents getting flushed
--Silver Glide Skin – eliminates any neck chaff age
--Limited seams around harness area
--Core warm panels
--External liquid taped seams
--Rugged knee pads
--Key tie

Comfort:
Well the priority of a suit is to keep you warm. The Amp suit will completely eliminate any discomfort you had from the cold water. It locks out 98% of the water and not only makes sure your core is warm, but also keeps your limbs warm. Our local water temperature is in the 50s and I have worn the 3/2 and 4/3 back to back and both kept me completely comfortable. As my friend lay in the ocean wearing the Amp he said, “This thing is sooooo warm!” But warmth can only go so far if the suit doesn’t let you move. The suit has plenty of shoulder motion and hip/knee movement is fluid. This thing is the most comfortable wetsuit I have ever worn. I almost don't mind wearing a wetsuit now. I could continue on, but to be honest I forgot I was wearing a wetsuit when surfing and kiting!

Value:
Hyperflex wetsuits are some of the sweetest on the market and retail at a great price. Plus, the Amp [K] is aimed directly at kiters, which is awesome for those looking for a suit that really amps up their sessions.

Feel free to post any questions
Attachments
Amp.jpg

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Hyperflex Amp [K] kite specific Wetsuit Review w/ Video.

Postby grantman54 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:22 am

GUYS! I love these suits! I have been wearing the 3.2 kiting because it keeps me so warm. Typically, I wear a 4.3 kiting cuz our water is 55 degrees F. But the 3.2 is plenty warm for kiting and is mega comfy. I forget I am wearing a wetsuit while riding! Also, I have yet to have kankles. Seems like the drain system they have works great. Oh and I have not been flushed at all with the chest zip.
Attachments
22222.jpg

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 am

cant wait to get mine!

My old Maui Magic from the year 10 AD looks more like swiss cheese then a suit. The hyperflex suits look really good. Hope i like em as much as you do.. its getting cold here.

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

I just got back from a wakeboard trip and brought along my new suits. We had probably 15 wetsuits with us but everyone wanted to wear the Hyperflex ones as they were the warmest and most comfy.

I used my Amp Series Spring Suit. Holy mother! That thing is so nice. I was expecting a spring suit to be lower quality than the full suits but Hyperflex did not cheap out. The water was about 58f degrees so I threw on my 2mm longsleeve over it and was suprispingly warm. The neoprene is soft and smooth, the nicest feel on the market, and stretchy. I'm gonna wear this suit any chance I get!

Busdriver
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui, Kailula,Oahu
Style: Strapped Directional
Gear: Slingshot Revs, Rpms and Liquid Force Havoc, F-one 5'2" fish
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Busdriver » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:45 pm

I agree that the suit rocks. I have the front zip. One thing to be aware of is if you have broad shoulders it helps to wear a thin rash guard underneath. That helps getting it off easier. Otherwise its like trying to get out of a straight jacket.

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Just thought I would add that I lent out my wetsuit to a friend from out of town. He wears a lot of different suits (doesn't own one himself) and said that it was the warmest suit he has ever worn, and the water temp was 55ish and its been 60F outside. I asked if it fit him good and he said it fit him perfectly and it was really "soft". I was shocked by his enthusiastic response because he has worn other top brand suits in the past.

If anyone with larger ankles is looking at these suits, I would recommend trying on both the regular surf suit and Amp [K] because I have noticed that if you cant close the velcro all the way it can stick out a little adding a little bulk at your ankles.

shawntkeating
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby shawntkeating » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:51 pm

I was looking for a new set of rubbers for kiting. At first I was in the mind set of paying for the most expensive suits thinking I would be getting the best quality. I was wrong. I went into heavy testing of all the major brands and gathered up the internets opinions. What I came to realize was that Hyperflex makes a product that is on par or better then it's competition. Throw in the fact that it's prices are the best and it was obvious what to get. Hyperflex has great stretch, seam and warmth. I know they started their grass roots in the ice cold waters off NJ. These guys surf and kite with snow on the ground. No doubt I having used them in these temps, I also can recommend them for when quite literally your survival depends on your choice in rubber. Highly recommend thier products.

Return to “Reviews”