Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New board from Ocean Rodeo... Origin 142x47

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New board from Ocean Rodeo... Origin 142x47

Postby matth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:36 am

Are there any changes to the new Origin besides the great new graphics? Its come down to the new Origin or the Axis Patrol(2014) which I can pick up around the same price. I ride a lot in choppy water in marginal wind( 13to18mph), or higher winds(18 to 28mph) but gusty with lots of holes, so I like the glide of a bigger board.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:11 am

I've got an Axis Limited and it's clearly the better board - which is reflected in the price. So worth the money though!

You after a light wind board? Cos my 140x43 Limited has as good range as the Origin... I had the 138 Vanguard and 144 Ultra for a couple of weeks, and theres not much in it I reckon. Channels are the shizzle!

The pads and straps are a lot better too, better fit and super comfortable... Axis all the way!

Pattiecannon
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Caba, Bilinga
Favorite Beaches: Belongil, Muddies, Caba.
Style: loose
Gear: Rev 2 2009 9m
Octane 2010 11m
TD 2 2008 12m
Griffin 2009 14m
Chopstick 149
Custom 2010 136
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pattiecannon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 am

^^^^^^^^^^ Hey Kami, I can respect your froth on this board, it looks right. I'm getting this one & the lite this weekend. I have the Shinn King Gee 146 x 46 to compare to.

So I'm all excited by your review then this last comment you made threw me as you previously claimed, (about the Origin)
"I don't think I lose that much bottom end compared to my Doors" & now coupled with
"Cos my 140x43 Limited has as good range as the Origin" you have basically said, your Limited doesn't lose that much bottom end compared to your Door. Correct me if i'm wrong, please..

Cough. lol . . . .

You buy and try the origin, start off raving about it's awesomeness, then say that these smaller Axis boards are really the go for what we all want.
I really am lost, now m8. You rate the Mako's then you go on to say, "Axis all the way!" What was this thread about anyway, can you start again please? I arrived here from your Origin headline, now, I end up reading your froth for Axis over said Origin. I don't get it, what did I miss?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:00 pm

What are you missing? The post above where the guy mentions the Patrol.

Bottom end range - of course you can't beat the Doors, for earliest planing and upwind angle, but the Origin isn't far off and the Limited isn't far off either. And they're a lot of board to throw around. The Limited feels faster and smoother through the water and has a *similar* range - better top end - so if you can get up and planing, there's not a lot in it. Or it feels that way.

Basically, if I can't get upwind on the Limited I won't be able to do fun stuff any way so I may as well ride the directional and try to learn tacks.

It's all subjective. Variety is the spice etc so don't feel you need to stick to one brand or style of board.

Pattiecannon
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Caba, Bilinga
Favorite Beaches: Belongil, Muddies, Caba.
Style: loose
Gear: Rev 2 2009 9m
Octane 2010 11m
TD 2 2008 12m
Griffin 2009 14m
Chopstick 149
Custom 2010 136
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pattiecannon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:17 am

Ok then,
You've gone from Posting A Review of a board you said you loved and how it was so awesome at everything, to now l8r, in the same thread, saying that you won't ever use it.
That's what I don't get
Especially as, at this point, you've referred the whole thread to an Axis Limited worshipping session.
Basically you look like the guy on ebay who post's "North" in the headline to sell a Cabrinha, Or, more close to home, as the guy who post's Ocean Rodeo in the headline to pimp an Axis.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:40 am

Pattiecannon wrote:Ok then,
You've gone from Posting A Review of a board you said you loved and how it was so awesome at everything, to now l8r, in the same thread, saying that you won't ever use it.
That's what I don't get
Especially as, at this point, you've referred the whole thread to an Axis Limited worshipping session.
Basically you look like the guy on ebay who post's "North" in the headline to sell a Cabrinha, Or, more close to home, as the guy who post's Ocean Rodeo in the headline to pimp an Axis.
I bet there's a whole lot you don't get.

I liked the Origin when I got it, at that time in my kiting life. I've since moved on... and have gotten used to a better ride. The Patrol was brought up by a third party...

If you want to stir shit, stick to seabreeze eh.

Return to “Reviews”