deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Review Woo Sports: tracking of jump height and air time -par

Postby deniska » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:27 pm

I recently had a 6.3 second jump in the jumps list but no mention of it in the summary, which only picked up 5 second jump as my longest..
here is my communication with Woo team (seems like a glitch in the iPhone app; reinstalling the app removed the 6.3 sec jump):

Code: Select all

Hey Denis,

Thanks for reaching out. We had a couple other similar inquiries from around the same time and we think it might have just been a temporary glitch in the app as it sorted through recently saved sessions. I looked through your session and saw that 5.0s was your longest airtime. I would recommend quitting and reopening the app and it should sort everything out, and if not try deleting the app and reinstalling the latest version, but keep in mind any unsaved sessions will be lost.

We're looking into this to try and figure out what caused it on multiple occasions!

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex from WOO Sports

===================================================
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 01:43 PM, "Denis xxxxx" <xxxxx@xxx.com> wrote: 
My WOO ID is "WOO-E7D2-356B", the Firmware version is "0000", my app version is "1.9.0.0" and iOS version is "9.3.2". 
I'm writing because... 
My last session from yesterday shows 5.0 second biggest airtime in the summary but I see 6.3second jump in the jumps table. 
Please check and correct.

Denis

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:36 pm

it's possible that woo started filtering out some suspicious jumps.. not sure if this is a good or a bad thing though..
One of the local guys made a video of a 9 second jump (with 3 heli-loops to go down), but his woo only recorded 6 sec as the longest airtime for that session..
I think he stopped using it after that..

gregd72002
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Slingshot RPM, North Rebel, Shinn Dundee
Been thanked: 0

Postby gregd72002 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:02 pm

thanks for the input. Just to clarify, I'm not Xensr affiliated, I've never tried any other device than Woo.

Nevertheless this looks like scam to me. Woo does not respond to support request anymore (they did previously). The jump I'm referring to was on my profile for a few hours and then removed from it. I am aware that Woo is filtering jumps a lot but the filtered jumps do not appear on your profile in the first instance. In this case the jump was on my profile and someone has removed it a few hours late?! It does not sound right to me.

fogmeister: as mentioned above, great if woo catches anomalies but not that great if they hack you account

davedej: this jump was removed from my profile (the order of the screenshots above is the way around, sorry)

deniska: yeah, woo is a great device, adds the thrill to the super windy conditions that you are just waiting for and thinking- will I get my personal best today. You prepare carefully, double check your gear. Then you give everything you have on that session, return back to car, check woo and see that you made it. You had a cracking day with new personal record. Your mates ask you how was that as they saw you jumping higher than usual, to what you proudly respond 14.7m, higher than anyone has been around in here. Just to return back home and realise that your account has been manipulated with... nevermind
Last edited by gregd72002 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregd72002
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Slingshot RPM, North Rebel, Shinn Dundee
Been thanked: 0

Postby gregd72002 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:27 pm

a small correction in here. I went back to my profile today and I got my 14.7m jump back! Happy days! :)
It is now on my profile but not in the details of the session. In any case, happy with this :)

Return to “Reviews”