Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Video Switch Element 4 unboxing and review

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Video Switch Element 4 unboxing and review

Postby Faxie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:50 pm

My V2 bar single line safety works fine. One thing I noticed is that when I replaced my lines, the new power lines had a slightly thicker splice (because of the stiching keeping the splice in place I think) and they were a bit harder to pull through the swivel. But when you need the safety, it works fine. The kite pulls hard enough to get the line through the swivel.

I heard from some people the SS safety has the same problem sometimes, but it releases fine too.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby corbett » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 pm

corbett wrote:
Faxie wrote:My V2 bar single line safety works fine. One thing I noticed is that when I replaced my lines, the new power lines had a slightly thicker splice (because of the stiching keeping the splice in place I think) and they were a bit harder to pull through the swivel. But when you need the safety, it works fine. The kite pulls hard enough to get the line through the swivel.

I heard from some people the SS safety has the same problem sometimes, but it releases fine too.
With respect, you don't have the same kites as I do.

Slingshot Z 9 and 13m both failed in the middle wind ranges. Not tried in lower or upper wind ranges.

Core 19m xr3 - disaster, failed in 9mph, kite scuffed for several minutes all over the window(sand).
17mph - absolute failure to pull through standing in water. Had a friend come and assist and try to pull the splice through by hand but he failed to pull it through. I also failed to pull it through manually. Naturally, the kite was pulling strongly, but not dangerously for me.
I tugged like a mad man at leash but no way was that line going to come through.

As I mentioned before, I've spliced new lines but I don't think Switch should be continuing to sell this and all bars with this problem should be recalled.

On the Switch forum, someone mentioned he spliced some rope and someone asked "are you in the marines?". Alot of Switch customers are new to the sport and you're selling them a bar with shit safety.

I'll make a video, Sunday looks good.

CNN, ITN, BBC, Tass, Channel 4, Fox News... Oh wait not fox....They will all be filming!!!!
Have you contacted Switch?

therussiann
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oahu
Favorite Beaches: Oahu
Style: free, wave
Gear: none

Postby therussiann » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi fellas so I will make a quick video of the safety line flagging to one line I just did not try it on my bar.

And about the back pack I realized about the side pocket but after I made the video lol. Did not know the straps are for a board thax for that.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Faxie wrote:
corbett wrote:
Faxie wrote:My V2 bar single line safety works fine. One thing I noticed is that when I replaced my lines, the new power lines had a slightly thicker splice (because of the stiching keeping the splice in place I think) and they were a bit harder to pull through the swivel. But when you need the safety, it works fine. The kite pulls hard enough to get the line through the swivel.

With respect, you don't have the same kites as I do.

Slingshot Z 9 and 13m both failed in the middle wind ranges. Not tried in lower or upper wind ranges.

Core 19m xr3 - disaster, failed in 9mph, kite scuffed for several minutes all over the window(sand).
17mph - absolute failure to pull through standing in water. Had a friend come and assist and try to pull the splice through by hand but he failed to pull it through. I also failed to pull it through manually. Naturally, the kite was pulling strongly, but not dangerously for me.
I tugged like a mad man at leash but no way was that line going to come through.

As I mentioned before, I've spliced new lines but I don't think Switch should be continuing to sell this and all bars with this problem should be recalled.

On the Switch forum, someone mentioned he spliced some rope and someone asked "are you in the marines?". Alot of Switch customers are new to the sport and you're selling them a bar with shit safety.

I'll make a video, Sunday looks good.

CNN, ITN, BBC, Tass, Channel 4, Fox News... Oh wait not fox....They will all be filming!!!!
Have you contacted Switch?
Yes, a few months ago.

I was not happy with the response which just turned into a lecture. I was asked to stop typing whilst he was typing. I was actually told that. I have the transcript.

I just hung up the chat, it was so pointless.
Well.... you shouldn't be looking for a discussion offcourse... :rollgrin:

I've chatted numerous times with Felix, never a problem whatsoever.

therussiann
Medium Poster

Postby therussiann » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Switch bar v2 flag out: https://youtu.be/iWGK6E--NNM

It will work no problem

Bletti
Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Rally 10m

Postby Bletti » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 pm

corbett wrote:
Yes, a few months ago.

I was not happy with the response which just turned into a lecture. I was asked to stop typing whilst he was typing. I was actually told that. I have the transcript.

I just hung up the chat, it was so pointless.
I'm interested in seeing the transcript as I bet felix was giving you good advice to sort your problem.
corbett wrote:My car insurance is up for renewal.
What do you say? I make a video showing no trickery and if it fails, you pay my car insurance?
Corbett, no offence but I think you need to go back and read the advice in the transcript as you clearly have an issue that is not standard with the flag out. I think you need less talking and more listening. :D If I show you a video of mine working properly do you want to pay my motorcycle insurance? How does that make any sense?

My old slingshot flagout sometimes required a bit of a tug to get the line to fully flagout through the swivel. Shit doesn't always work perfectly, but it's good to take advice when it's given and at least try what is recommended before getting angry. :allbegood:

randycasburn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lee Side, Ft. Walton Beach, FL
Destin Pass
Beasley Park
Big Sabine
Favorite Beaches: Lee Side Park, Ft. Walton Beach
Beasley Park, Ft. Walton Beach
OBX Sound side
Kailua, Oahu
Kahanamoku Beach Honolulu, Oahu
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17
Ocean Rodeo Crave 12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
Ocean Rodeo Mako 150

Ocean Rodeo Origin Light 159
Ocean Rodeo Duke

Postby randycasburn » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:28 am

Hey ... have been watching Switch with interest. Probably most like laughingman - parts for making/modding bars etc.

It always seems interesting to me that a person says "this is a safety issue". Then the counterpoint is offered such that "granted, it does that, but some other brand is unsafe too" as if to imply that since someone else creates an unsafe device it is acceptable for everyone to do so.

Not taking sides here...it does seem that safety should always be the paramount concern of the manufacturer. When there is confirmation that a safety system has intermittent conditions that raise doubts about safety, it would seem they would address it.

I hope Switch is reading this since good will and trust in safety is what a lot of people on this forum listen for from manufacturers.

therussiann
Medium Poster

Postby therussiann » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:39 am

randycasburn wrote:Hey ... have been watching Switch with interest. Probably most like laughingman - parts for making/modding bars etc.

It always seems interesting to me that a person says "this is a safety issue". Then the counterpoint is offered such that "granted, it does that, but some other brand is unsafe too" as if to imply that since someone else creates an unsafe device it is acceptable for everyone to do so.

Not taking sides here...it does seem that safety should always be the paramount concern of the manufacturer. When there is confirmation that a safety system has intermittent conditions that raise doubts about safety, it would seem they would address it.

I hope Switch is reading this since good will and trust in safety is what a lot of people on this forum listen for from manufacturers.

i did post a video of the flag out working just fine so i dont really see anything else people mentioned as a safety issue

Return to “Reviews”