Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Re: 2016 North Rebel

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Toby wrote:
flipper231 wrote:Lol Toby, you are overheating In Cabarete?
A valid question. Try to kiteloop the rebel...a C will turn much tighter.

Explain please
Look up pjmthorns on instagram if you want to watch a crazy guy go ham and megaloop a rebel!

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:31 pm

K3rM1t wrote:hm, interesting. It took me some time to find the low-end of the Rebel 12m when I switched to them in 2014. At first I thought they had no low end but eventually figured it out and got used to it. Never needed anything bigger than my 12m Rebel once I got dialed. Upgraded to 2015 with no issues. Rode the 2016 12m at a demo and could not tell any difference from my 2015.
However, I did switch to a 2016 Evo 12m for a change this year and have been surprised at the lack of low end. I feel like I should have ordered a size or two bigger to compare with the Rebel 12m. That said, it's a significantly different kite than the Rebel so I'm hoping that, again, it will just take some getting used to to find the bottom end technique.
I also picked up a 9m Mono after demo'ing one. I fully expected to hate this kite but have completely fallen for it! While it may be billed as a beginner kite, it is awesome for surfboards and foilboards. Something about the fast turning, swinging around to generate power to get up and plane/foil and then a super easy kite to manage once riding. I caught both overpowered and underpowered days recently in Maui on the Mono and loved it. Local shop kid told me I'd need a 14m and people were out on 12m's struggling while I was fine on the 9m Mono and a normal 5'11" surfboard. Wasn't boosting huge airs or anything, but plenty of power to cruise, catch some (tiny) waves and get back upwind. It's a different kite for sure from Rebels, but wasn't hard to get used to. It's totally worth a demo.

So glad you mentioned the mono. I bought it for foiling. I love it so much, i dont go out on my Evo anymore. Mono all the way!!! Love this kite.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Wunderlich85 wrote:
Toby wrote:
flipper231 wrote:Lol Toby, you are overheating In Cabarete?

Explain please
Look up pjmthorns on instagram if you want to watch a crazy guy go ham and megaloop a rebel!
which kites did the North riders use at King of the Air?

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Toby wrote:
Wunderlich85 wrote:
Toby wrote:

Explain please
which kites did the North riders use at King of the Air?
Evo and Vegas. Not saying the Rebel is their looping kite. Just saying there is a crazy guy out there throwing down crazy megaloop on the rebel.

Return to “Reviews”