Gear: Eleveight

Could someone review the Best TS?

Postby Kitemanmuc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Could someone review the Best TS?

tmcfarla
Frequent Poster

Re: Could someone review the Best TS?

Postby tmcfarla » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:04 am

I have 7m and 9m TS from 2013. I like them, but am not wild about them. I like them enough to that I haven't tried to replace them yet. On the good side, they jump very well, they loop pretty well, and they are pretty user-friendly. They are fairly exciting kites relative to something like the kahoona, which is a bit boring. High end is ok but not great, anything over high 30s is a bit much for the 7 (I weigh about 150 pounds). I don't like them in the surf- they are flat water kites. They get squirrelly in gusty winds, and occasionally invert. So in general, I'd say they are pretty good kites that can be very exciting, but they are not very refined, nor are they all that versatile. I'd describe the f-one bandit as the most refined and versatile kite I've used, but it isn't quite as exciting as the TS in the right conditions (also, I got the TS kites very cheap). Mine are one of the first generations, and I can't say how they have changed or improved since then.

mbevo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Gear: cabinha and switch
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Could someone review the Best TS?

Postby mbevo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:59 am

I only have an 8m 2012 and 2014 TS. The 2014 is a lot more stable and I think has better low end than the 2012, but these kites are meant for high winds.

Pros:
1. High end: at 140lbs with the 2012 I was able to hold till 40mph and with the 2014 about 45mph before it gets a bit too much. Flies ridiculously well depowered and never felt too out of control, the kite sits pretty forward and when you edge it dumps so much power.
2. Drift: I'm still learning how to jump and a lot of times I forget to redirect the kite and just crash esp when I jump high. Overflew the kite multiple times and slack the lines when I crash, but the kite always beautifully recovers and never once invert and drop like some of my other kites.
3. Jump: the jump is unreal, super easy and you get a second lift that can take you to scary heights

Cons:
1. Low end: the kite does not feel too powerful on its low end you have to sine it a lot, but its really fast so that helps.
2. Hang time: take you up so high but you drop like a rock, doesn't hurt though. Maybe higher on bigger kites

Overall impression: really nice easy kite with a huge upper end and very forgiving to beginners.

Return to “Reviews”