Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

North Jaime Textreme Review

Postby Toby » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 am

North Jaime Textreme Review - Ride with Blake: Vlog 22

The North Jaime Textreme is a freestyle machine!
With MACkite, I can ride any kiteboard I want. This is the one I choose.
There are a lot of things I love and only a couple I don’t. I love all aspects of kiteboarding from wakestyle and surf to freestyle to big airs. At the end of the day it's all about fun. The Jaime Textreme is the most fun board I've used to date. So why do I love this board?

It’s fast and it has a lot of pop! I talk a lot about board speed and this is the board gets it done. The carbon makes it light and stiff so it pops really hard compared to the normal Jaime. I like the Jaime but the textreme really helps with my style of riding. Something that stood out to me what how It has surprisingly soft landings. This is because it's soft on the tips yet stiff under the feet.

This makes it work well in light and medium chop. Bear in mind, this is a stiffer carbon board so the trade of here is that in heavy chop well, you're going to feel it in your knees. There is just no getting around that with any performance board in this category. That said, The Jaime does a great job in the job for a carbon board.

Other things to consider with the Jaime are that it has lot of control, because of the shape & channels you can land harder do bigger tricks. With some of my other boards I can't jump as high and sometimes the landings feel washed out.

The width and shape provide stability and it’s really nice at going up wind.It's durable for a carbon board. I ride my gear really hard and this board holds up. Of course, I'm not putting boots on this board and I'm not grinding anything with it. If your looking for a board to boot up and hit some sliders you should check out the North Gambler.

This board is pure freestyle and luxury freeride in my book.
I love how light it is. This is helpful when you're traveling and you need to keep the weight down in your airline bag. The track system is awesome for customization. You can really set your straps down to the millimeter up so it’s the most comfortable for you.

As far as freestyle boards go I don’t think it gets any better than the Jaime. If you’re looking for a high end board that is fun to ride look no further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ph8QVa9-eY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ph8QVa9-eY

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: North Jaime Textreme Review

Postby edt » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:03 pm

tks blake! I would ride this in boots, not straps, I'll probably shoot you a message see what you feel about that.

Return to “Reviews”