Xenon Infra 136
Ronix Boots
Mystic X
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eleveight FS Review

Postby bmcfiv » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm dying for a comprehensive Eleveight FS review thread. The only one on Kiteforum was bombed by some semantics troll. My two primary questions are:

1. Does this kite have the same boost / max height potential as the Naish Torch / North Rebel / other top jumping kites?
2. Does this kite have significant de-power? I'm currently flying a LF Envy, so any comparison to that would be fantastic. I know it's a C (hybrid), but they claim it has substantial de-power.

I've checked Woo and Trace for results, and all hashtags are showing decent results including a 26M, but individual feedback goes so far. Can't wait to try the FS and RS out. I love Eleveight's corporate approach, I hope they crush it.

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Re: Eleveight FS Review

Postby harppa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Been flying it a good few times and here are some opinions.
Windrange is huge. You can take it in pretty stupid winds and then boost high. I am no where near heights of top guys but would not be suprised if it goes as high.
One friend who has new LF Envys tested FS and said it is far better in unhooked freestyle. It is quite alot more C than many other 4-line hybrid C freestyle kites.
Find a place to test and you wont be disapointed! In case FS is not your cup of tee then you will love the RS
They defenitely have a solid lineup and as you mentioned their corporate approach. I work with many brands and none other has the people behind so stoked about their gear :)

Here is one review of the FS

https://youtu.be/JA-cUy7r2Qk

https://youtu.be/JA-cUy7r2Qk

bmcfiv
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sullivan's Island / Breach / IOP
Style: a messy freestyle
Gear: Eleveight FS09 / FS12 / RS 14 / CS bar
Zephyr Ozone 17
Xenon Infra 136
Ronix Boots
Mystic X

Postby bmcfiv » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 am

Awesome, thx Harppa. So to summarize, in your and you're friend's experience the FS

Wind range: large for a C kite
Boost potential: up there with KOA winning kites (best guess)
Freestyle unhooked: good
Behavior: more traditional C than hybrid C

Would love anyone else's opinion, particularly about depower.

Bartolo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: WIjk aan Zee Netherlands
Style: old school jumping / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight kites

Postby Bartolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:04 pm

bmcfiv wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:10 pm
I'm dying for a comprehensive Eleveight FS review thread. The only one on Kiteforum was bombed by some semantics troll. My two primary questions are:

1. Does this kite have the same boost / max height potential as the Naish Torch / North Rebel / other top jumping kites?
2. Does this kite have significant de-power? I'm currently flying a LF Envy, so any comparison to that would be fantastic. I know it's a C (hybrid), but they claim it has substantial de-power.

I've checked Woo and Trace for results, and all hashtags are showing decent results including a 26M, but individual feedback goes so far. Can't wait to try the FS and RS out. I love Eleveight's corporate approach, I hope they crush it.
You might check/post the "Official Eleveight Rider Group" on Facebook (if you didn't find this already) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1138851 ... =bookmarks

bmcfiv
Rare Poster
Zephyr Ozone 17
Xenon Infra 136
Ronix Boots
Mystic X

Postby bmcfiv » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:39 pm

@bartolo awesome, didn't know that existed, application pending!

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:33 pm

bmcfiv wrote: Awesome, thx Harppa. So to summarize, in your and you're friend's experience the FS

Wind range: large for a C kite
Boost potential: up there with KOA winning kites (best guess)
Freestyle unhooked: good
Behavior: more traditional C than hybrid C

Would love anyone else's opinion, particularly about depower.
You will love it for boosting. I rode the Torch earlier, think the FS is more versatile, but for my level it boost as good. I loved. the Torch, but for me the feel of FS is much more right! It is close to like the Torch in aspect ratio I think, at least it looks like it. Depower, yes a lot! More than you normally get in such a kite. Kite also is super rigid so makes you confident, and no fuzz. The design you can push a lot overpowered, and still hold it down. Think is it has that smooth balance between lift, unhooked performance and depower witch really was perfect for me. You really get the best of both worlds, didn't believe it before I tried it. Easy flying and really friendly C should be the name for it hehehe

ColdWeatherKiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Kakumäe, Estonia
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, France
Kite Beach, South-Africa
Vääna- Jõesuu, Estonia
Style: Freestyle and big air
Gear: Eleveight RS 8m2, 9m2, 12m2 2020
Eleveight Commander 137cm 2021

Postby ColdWeatherKiter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 pm

I personally own the 12m FS, but coming from its predecessor Best TS. The FS handles windier conditions well, however i feel like the kite likes to be depowered by edging it to the wind window. While being on the shore bar throw offers plenty of depower on tap. Overall it is a bit of an intermediate kite because of its raw power distribution. But a wonderful kite to grow into, a wonderful unhooker.

ColdWeatherKiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Kakumäe, Estonia
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, France
Kite Beach, South-Africa
Vääna- Jõesuu, Estonia
Style: Freestyle and big air
Gear: Eleveight RS 8m2, 9m2, 12m2 2020
Eleveight Commander 137cm 2021

Postby ColdWeatherKiter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:30 pm

By looking at the "Risk vs Reward" thread, the OP named FS a full c. Its still a hybrid, four line & bridled.

bmcfiv
Rare Poster
Zephyr Ozone 17
Xenon Infra 136
Ronix Boots
Mystic X

Postby bmcfiv » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Thx all for feedback! Here is mine. I just rode one and loved it. I went out in 40 degree water and froze my a$$ off, but stayed out for 1.5 hours. Here are first impressions. Know that I'm a relative noob and this was my first hybrid c kite flight. I'm comparing this to the Liquid Force Wow, NV, and the Ozone Zephyr.

- Jumping... IT RIPPED ME OUT OF THE WATER LIKE A ROCKET. Need to work on form, but I can say with confidence it has substantial more height potential than anything I've been on.
- i rarely do loops, I was looping like crazy and felt that the power coming out of a transition was more manageable
- Build quality excellent
- Details excellent
- Good lord it takes a lot of air to fill up! hahaha, maybe b/c it was so cold out.
- 5 struts and battens, shape held beautifully
- attractive design, received some compliments
- For a 12 and flying it near the bottom of the wind range... it was SO much faster but with control than my LF NV. I felt like it was a Ferrari going down a bowling alley with bumpers vs a mach truck with lots of airbags (not sure how else to explain). Can't wait for more wind.
- Slightly intimidated at first moving from SLE to C kite, but oddly enough it was almost easier to depower b/c the kite went to front of window much quicker even though bar depower didn't immediately release as much wind

Can't wait to master hybrid c kites, all i know is that the kite is top quality and for me i was jonesing for more at the end of the session. Compared to LF, felt like a significant quality upgrade.

@coldweatherkiter... thx, will improve terminology

El_bodeguero
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby El_bodeguero » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:15 pm

I also had the chance to try both FS and WS... What to say ? Impressive, the quality of the construction is by far one of the best I have ever seen in this market... Even their bags are beautfiul and well made ! All the details also on the kites are pushed to the maximum. The FS is a very nice and stable kite, I tried the 9 m in 25 knots, I was very surprised by its loop capacity, and how fast & reactive it was. Regarding the WS, the drift is simply incredible, this is my prefered wave kite (together with the Ozone Reo). I don't know who is behind this brand, but I am sure they will be successful in the future...

Return to “Reviews”