Style: Freeride, a bit of freestyle, foiling
Gear: Board: Switch MJpro 136, Foil: RL Foilset
Kites: Switch Helium3 14, 10 and 7, Nitro6 12m, Element6 9 and 12m
Brand Affiliation: Switch Teamrider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Review: Switch Element6 9m and 12m

Postby oldie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Last week, for the first time, I had the opportunity to extensively test the brand new Element6 from SWITCH in 9m and 12m, as well as 8 other people who had the opportunity to test the new E6 extensively!
The result was impressive and confirms my personal impression.
I've been SWITCH Teamrider, kite for 14 years, weigh in at 94 Kg, style: freeride, old school, a little freestyle and since mid-2017 foil on LF Rocket foil.
At SWITCH I had all versions of Elements, Nitros, Heliums, Combat and Legacys for comparison.
I also have the ability to swap kites whenever people want to test my SWITCH kites, so I can use latest models from other brands as well, such as Core GTS 2017, North Vegas 2017, North Rebel 2017, Cabrinha Switchblade 2014, Best Roca, Best Compare TS 2016 very well.
For me, the Element6 is the best kite I've ever driven and 2 testers (North Vegas and Best TS drivers) want to switch to the SWITCH Element6 immediately and all other testers were also thrilled with the features and workmanship of the E6.
I am not a Materialfreek and do technical material studies, but the processing differs for the normal user in nothing from the much more expensive brands and in my view, there is hardly any other brand such excellent support! Almost every spare part can be ordered online and in a week at the customer just like a kite order.
We were able to fly the E6 9m and 12m at 15-30 kts under gusty conditions and came to the following result:
huge wind area, continuous depower, easy handling over the whole wind range, very stable, easy relaunch, very good Bar-feedback.
In gusts the E6 behaves similar to the Nitro6 and flies to the edge of the wind window.
All testers were very pleased how easy the switch to the E6 was and could implement their technology directly.
The only downside from my point of view is that the E6 is a bit heavier than the E5 and crashes earlier in the foilkiting with very little wind and then the water start is difficult.
I hope it helps with the decision.
Thanks to Google Translate!

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Re: Review: Switch Element6 9m and 12m

Postby GTC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 am

Are you serious dude? Do you think that this following lines are a review? "Reviews" like this leave a bad image of the company and its teamriders.
oldie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm
huge wind area, continuous depower, easy handling over the whole wind range, very stable, easy relaunch, very good Bar-feedback.
In gusts the E6 behaves similar to the Nitro6 and flies to the edge of the wind window.
All testers were very pleased how easy the switch to the E6 was and could implement their technology directly.
The only downside from my point of view is that the E6 is a bit heavier than the E5 and crashes earlier in the foilkiting with very little wind and then the water start is difficult.
I'm interested in the E6 but still waiting for detailed and objective reviews.

oldie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Austria, Neusiedler See, Podersdorf and Breitenbrunn
Favorite Beaches: Brasil: Barra Nova, Cumbuco, Cauipe
Egypt: Marsa Alam
Tarifa: Rio Jara, Centro and so on
Sansibar
Fuerteventura
Teneriffe
Style: Freeride, a bit of freestyle, foiling
Gear: Board: Switch MJpro 136, Foil: RL Foilset
Kites: Switch Helium3 14, 10 and 7, Nitro6 12m, Element6 9 and 12m
Brand Affiliation: Switch Teamrider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Review: Switch Element6 9m and 12m

Postby oldie » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:55 pm

sorry dude! this is my impression and I stand behind it!! I love this kite since the first minute, more than the E5 and the Nitro6 and so on! I am not so interested in technical details, the kite is just as well processed for me as E5 or Nitro6 that's enough technology for me! The most important thing for me is how the kite works and that makes the E6 outstanding! But you can ask me about my feelings and my impressions, or you contact a SWITCH team rider near you to test the Element6 and then post an objective review!

Return to “Reviews”