Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Toesidereefer
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blacktip 12 2003

Postby Toesidereefer » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:29 pm

:thumb: I've had the kite now for a few weeks and really got a chance to try it out in some good wind and surf. I weigh 87 kilos, use 26m lines, have a 138 twin tip, and I am not a Cabrihna rider. First off the build quality is much improved over last year. The leading edge is the first thing I noticed, lighter material with more segments. After you pump it up it requires less pressure to hold a very rigid shape than last years 9.4. The other item is the dacron on the trailing edge, during flight there is almost no flutter. Riding impressions are impressive. The kite has already scared me a few times with it's speed it will turn faster than my 02' Blacktip 7.2 which is close to a 10 and thats with a smaller bar. I can see why Cabrihna has shortened all their bars this year. I have had to change the way I hold the bar during jumping especially during spins. Any slight imput to the bar and the kite goes immediately. I've already looped the kite a few times by accident after a wipeout and have gotten completely worked, ouch!
As far as jumping I'm going higher now than I would like at times. The added plus of the kites responsiveness is that during flight you can make small corrections before you land to save a jump gone bad. All in all I would recommend this kite to anyone. If you get a chance to demo the kite be warned of the speed!

kite boardertje
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kite boardertje » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:03 am

can only say that i am very happy with mine 12 bt 03 and 17 bt 03 have not been flying better jet keep up the good work cabrinha

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:22 am

thx for your review on the BT.

I moved your review into the review forum for many others to see and read.

Thx
Toby

Return to “Reviews”