Brand Affiliation: Sportime Family
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby DART VADER » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:53 am

Always... :bye:

abel
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Naxos, Kos, Rodos (prasonisi), Red sea, Cumbuco, Kalpitia (Sri Lanka)
Style: freeride, very light winds
Gear: Peak4, Airush Ultra, hydrofoil Moses 633

Postby abel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:46 pm

Ahhhhh....
I see....

Those who pee inside the suit probably are eco maniacs. :wink:

hamish1
Medium Poster

Postby hamish1 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:31 pm

I pee in my boardshorts too ,But thats nothing compared to AUS they pee in there drinks to keep warm ,Watch out they might try and keep you warm too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Airhead
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Airhead » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:16 pm

It has to be done sometimes just make sure that theres a shower handy it's not a smell thats good for groups :D

charlie_don't_surf
Medium Poster

Postby charlie_don't_surf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:16 am

The question isn't if you take a leak in your wetsuit...the question is, do you take a DUMP in your wetsuit...for all you Pampers freaks who love that heavy-bottoms feeling, nows your chance to sound out!

Lindy @ Sharkless.com
Frequent Poster

Postby Lindy @ Sharkless.com » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:27 pm

It's ironic that everyone is having this conversation.

If I can offer you one piece of advice, it would be: if you must pee in your wetsuit, disinfect it.

Here's Why:

My husband pees in his wetsuit as most people do. He always thought he cleaned it out well afterwards... A couple of weeks ago he decided to go out in frigid temperatures (new years eve!) and try kiteboarding on the last day of the year.. His wetsuit had been sitting for a couple of months and it had plenty of time to grow whatever bacteria cultures like urine in the leg section of his wetsuit throughout his whole wetsuit. A few days later, he develops this itchy rash on his body, over the next few days it gets worse and worse. He goes to the doctor and they put him on steroids to suppress the itching (that's all we need is a kiteboarder on steroids!) It doesn't get any better over the next few days, in fact, it got worse. The rash became swollen welts all over his elbows, fingers with the worst of it in the legs where it became so painfull he can barely walk. 2nd doctor visit he's on a boatload of antibiodics and they take 4 vials of blood for blood testing. He can't sleep an night and the doctor has ordered him out of work for two days. Presently they're threatening to admit him into the hospital in a couple of days if it doesn't show any sign of improvement - they're worried about a blood infection now.

The doctor says he was probably growing a colony of cultures inside the wetsuit.. lovely huh? I guess this has also become a commonplace problem for hockey players who have been getting rashes on their hands from their unsanitized dirty gloves...

So... I thought at least something good can come out of this and maybe people can learn from his mistake to prevent problems like this from happening to them.

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Lindy,

I certainly hope your man gets better soon. When he does, I hope he'll be selling his urine to our military. This should:

1) Re-establish the U.S. as the unbeatable superpower we once were
2) Buy him all the kites he wants.

But seriously, that's bizarre. Between attracting sharks, and poisoning myself in my own urine, I'm actually beginning to think twice about one of the few pleasures remaining : )

RC

dt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dt » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:01 am

I wonder if salt water is less likely to support man eating bacteria than fresh water because I have been peeing in my wetsuit for forty years and have not had a problem. I just let the usual beating I take in waves and in the SF Bay take care of rinsing my suit out.

I think Lake Michigan is less Salty than the Pacific and maybe that is why Lindy's husband had a problem. I wish him well and please keep us informed.

dt

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'

Postby Wawando » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:16 am

dt wrote:I wonder if salt water is less likely to support man eating bacteria than fresh water because I have been peeing in my wetsuit for forty years and have not had a problem. I just let the usual beating I take in waves and in the SF Bay take care of rinsing my suit out.

I think Lake Michigan is less Salty than the Pacific and maybe that is why Lindy's husband had a problem. I wish him well and please keep us informed.

dt
Or: You ride too many times so they don't grow...

Lindy @ Sharkless.com
Frequent Poster

Postby Lindy @ Sharkless.com » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:07 pm

I've never heard of anyone else in michigan having this problem. It could be the kind of wetsuit he has and how the material reacts to urine. It's a ripcurl. Chris is inquiring with the company about how to clean it properly. It could be he has an allergic reaction to the material as well. It's a strange thing, but it's entirely possible that he can be allergic to his own sweat as well.

All of it adds up to one thing, an excuse for him to spend $400 on a dry suit! lol

Lindy

Return to “Kitesurfing”