2%

Total votes: 109

D_Clark
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby D_Clark » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:09 am

kjorn wrote:Test and demo days are too rare to be of use.

I watch and trust the local sponsored guys. They soon tell you if any of their gear sucks (I had one local sponsored guy tell me he hated his new bow this weekend)...
Local sponsored guys still spend thier own money for kites, they just get them cheaper. As a shop rider, I awlays tell the turth about my gear, and if they see my stuff for sale early then they know it wasn't as good as advertised.

I'll buy kites with out demos, due to the hassle getting demos. I usually ride boards before I buy them. Its easy to get board demos, because its easy to borrow a board from a fellow rider, unlike kites that most people are hesitent to loan out.

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:19 am

If i could i would but their is none of that here in Chicago.

STF

jcarlson
Rare Poster

Re: Will you demo/test before you buy?

Postby jcarlson » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm trying to demo, I found it quite usefull with skis a couple times but have not demo'd kites before. I think it will be hard to compare because it is a rare oportunity to try more than one back to back on the same day, or make a good judgement from one session. Also some of the most popular kites the dealers can sell before they even get them so no need for them to keep a demo. Or they don't want to let you have them for long etc. beacause they want to use it themself.... And of course only some kites are available locally at all.

Jay

gillstah
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hayling, Porthcawl, Poole, Bournemouth
Gear: Best Waroos 9m 2007; 14m 2006. Takoon Vegas '04 138x39. Lost Cause "Exile" 135x47.
Brand Affiliation: Cadbury's Creme Eggs; Ginster's Cheese & Onion Pasties; Yop.

Postby gillstah » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:00 pm

haven't done so yet as have bought 2nd hand from forums and there aren't many kitesurfers around here.

next purchase will be a new kite and i am almost certainly going to be testing it.

boards... again wish i could but usually not.

deegee
Rare Poster

Postby deegee » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:59 pm

I always test before buying!

I don't rely on tests. Too often they are paid by the industry or the reviewers don't have the guts to tell what they don't like.

Well, and then there's that thingy about individuality. Everyone has it's own preferences depending on their riding abilities, style and character. Just like some like an station wagon, others prefer a sports car or SUV and so on...

In the past I often didn't agree with mag reviews or even the positions of friends. So, TEST BEFORE YOU BUY!

cayuquero
Medium Poster

Postby cayuquero » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:22 pm

oftenly is almost impossible to test all the kites you are interested in.

brands seems to be not very interested in that service for their future customers.
so, when you have the opportunity to try one or two that is the reason why you buy one of them. Rest of brands lost a customer.

Return to “Kitesurfing”