Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Want more than kiting?

Forum for kitesurfers
SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Want more than kiting?

Postby SpaceRacer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:54 am

[/b]I live in Idaho, near Hood River where we have 4 distinct seasons. I am an avid snowboarder and kiter. I often think about moving somewhere where it is warm and windy year round. Is there such a place? And would I miss the snow? Any snowboarders missing the snow? Am I a case of the grass is always greener? Help :(

stiffingandshifting
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby stiffingandshifting » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:19 pm

I don't think so - I was an avid snowboarder for many years - I even moved to Lake Tahoe to pursue it, but ever since I found kiteboarding everything has taken the back seat - With ski season coming quick, I don't see myself spending the time or the money to go snowboarding, I'd much rather go kiting - All that said, I do think balance is good, but so far kiting is just way to much fun, and I don't get to do it nearly as much as I would like - Thats why I'm making a move in spring to do nothing but kite for as long as the money holds up

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Postby SpaceRacer » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:49 pm

Thanks for your reply Stiffing. Just got back from Schweitzer not 30 minutes ago, where we had 14" of fresh overnight. It was a great day AND I am still jonesing to kite. So, where do you kite now and where are you headed in the spring?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:42 pm

there's a sport you might want to try that combines kitesurfing and snowboarding..

i believe it's called 'snowkiting', suprised you guys havent heard of it.... :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”