Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha 2016 Bar Recall... Trim Line Breaks

Forum with lots of safety info - a must for newbees
foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Cabrinha 2016 Bar Recall... Trim Line Breaks

Postby foilonfoil » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:01 pm

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Cab ... l-Systems/

This recall involves three TrimLite Cleat™ trim control systems for Cabrinha kiteboards, including the Overdrive 1X with TrimLite, the standard 1X with TrimLite and the Chaos 1X with TrimLite models. A trim line connects the kite to the handle held by the user, allowing the user to control the kite. Only trim lines with white tape below the loop connecting the trim line to the cleat are part of this recall.
The control systems are comprised of a light-weight control bar to control and depower the kite, a set of flying lines and a harness loop/quick release (QR) mechanism. The Overdrive 1X with TrimLite, model number KS6CSODQC, was sold in two sizes 48 cm and 56 cm. The standard 1X with TrimLite control system, model number KS6CSFXQL, was sold in three sizes 42 cm, 52 cm and 60 cm. The Chaos 1X control system, model number KS6CSCHFX, measures 44 cm. The model numbers are located on a cloth tab attached to the bungee line restrainers at the end of the bars.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: Cabrinha 2016 Bar Recall... Trim Line Breaks

Postby matth » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:52 am

I told ya!! I heard from a dealer a few weeks ago there was a problem with the line snapping as stated. I have not used the bar since I bought it, but glad to hear they did the right thing and recalled it before someone get hurt..

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.

Postby foilonfoil » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:35 am

matth wrote:I told ya!! I heard from a dealer a few weeks ago there was a problem with the line snapping as stated. I have not used the bar since I bought it, but glad to hear they did the right thing and recalled it before someone get hurt..
Personally I just don't understand Cabrinha. Having used and suffered issues on 2014/2015 bars together with the recall on 2015 and now 2016 bars, it seems whoever tests their products are fair weather kite borders.

C Johnson
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seattle / Hood River
Style: Freeride, Surf, Foil
Gear: whatever I want
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

Postby C Johnson » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:53 am

Part of the problem with mfg in China. The prototypes are always cherry picked highest quality samples compared to the full scale production versions. As a mfg engineer this is something I have to live with daily... Sounds like they probably had some process instability and with enough latent failures they decided to scrap the lot and do a recall. Unfortunately sometimes these things don't get fully flushed out until after you've shipped product.

It's nice to see they actually do recalls.

NorCalNomad
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Why should it matter?

Postby NorCalNomad » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:55 am

Another year another Cabrinha recall. :lol:

Return to “Safety”