Forum for travel reports and travel questions
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2007
- Local Beach: KiteBeach Maui , MuiNe Vietnam , Paje Zanzibar , Hua Hin Thailand , 'Secret Spot' Greece
- Favorite Beaches: KiteBeach Maui
- Gear: North Vegas , Flexifoil Hadlow Wake , Ronix Parks , RipCurl
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: World Traveler
i am visiting California end of March till 10 of April i will stay in Venice Beach,so
i am wondering where do we kite this period(near Venice Beach)?what kite nr do i need?
is there any place there to rent???
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: Tortola, BVI
- Favorite Beaches: Ilha do Guajiru
Huntington Beach, California
Sherman Island, California
Crissy Fields, California,
Hape Hatteras, North Carolina
Brandywine Bay, BVI
- Style: Wakestyle
- Gear: Wainman
SoCal winds are notorious for being light; however the best chance of good winds is usually in the spring time so you might be in luck. Remember riding storm-winds during that time on my 7, but other days I have happy to be riding on my 14 so it's difficult to say. Best check the forecast just before you go.
The windiest spots around there are either more north (Santa Barbara area) or more south (Belmont shores). Also check Ikitesurf forum for additional info on riding spots. As for renting kites...forget about it. Maybe you can demo a kite, but not too many kite shops around there.
Return to “Travel”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests