Rare Poster
Gear: FONE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Okinawa in late April

Postby fredaw01 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi guys,

Not so much info / experience sharing yet on this spot...

Anyone to share experience about what kind of wind & probability for Okinawa late April, early May?
I'd really like to try this spot, but I know the best period is Dec, Jan & February.
Hong strong can the wind be (knots) & what shall I expect in terms of proportion: >50% of days with >16/18knots? better? worst?

Many thanks if there is anyone having tried this period, or knowing the spot or even better, living there? :D

Tropical surf house
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beach location and surfing kitesurfing spot
Style: Waves surfing main and freestyle no more
Gear: Liquid force creasu fly wainmann
Brand Affiliation: www.tropicalsurfhouse.com
Been thanked: 0

Re: Okinawa in late April

Postby Tropical surf house » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi i host travelers surfers ans kiteaurfing group here in okinawa so i like you can have look to my web site !
The wind is been promising this year so far blowing 20 knot up and some time more olso and at least 15 knot on ligth wind and probly goin to blow like thet till hot summer.
If you experince kiter you know no one can predict the wind or the course of nature .
Is always good waves or good wind or glassy sunny day to snorkeling and stand up paddle at the beach and bbq olso okinawa is hreat island for look around you wont get boring
Watersport school and guest house
www.tropicalsurfhouse.com
I can healp rent a car or acoomodattion olso i do pick up from airport if need to !
Olso if is no wind i do snorkeling .stand up paddle board tour guide and surfing lesson.
Is allot of fun here in okinawa we hare in onna son near nago and is perfect spot for watersport and can drive easy any locattion !
Olso vary natural and green nice beach no crowd city !

SSK
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Salvo NC
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabrihna Drifters, Surfboards with 3 Fins
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Okinawa in late April

Postby SSK » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:10 am

Sorry, I lived in Okinawa for two years, and there is not going to be much wind during that time. The windy season is more like October - February. It blows pretty consistently out of the North then, but after February there is not much wind unless there is a typhoon. It is a great place with lots to do. They definitely had a big year last year for wind. A huge number of typhoons in the pacific, so a lot of wind associated with them as well. I would count on no more than a couple times a week on a big kite (12-14M).

Return to “Travel”