Kite Kitty
Rare Poster
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Windy Holidays in Oman on Masirah Island

Postby Kite Kitty » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:05 am

I spend the last 5 summer in Oman, each between 2 - 8 weeks for Kiteholidays on Masirah Island. It’s really incredible what’s going on there in summertime!
Last 5 years I just had 2-4 days without wind and otherwise normally between 25 - 40 knots.
So far I never was bored on the Island because you have the choice between so many different spots and for sure this year will be not boring as well!
But last year I was unlucky with the booking. I booked very spontaneously, short-term and without consulting or feedback from the guys of Kiteboarding-Oman.
As "Masirah-Pioneer" I just booked on my own the “Beach Camp” on Booking.com.
I didn’t know and don’t realize that the camp is not running anymore by the guys from Kiteboarding-Oman with the Kite-center and restaurant as I knew from the beginning like the past years.
t is now in the hands of a "local Omani" who has much less ambitions in the matter of the camp and does not care about the guest needs at all.
Staying at the “Beach-Camp” last year was horrable in terms of accommodation, the food and hygiene. I left after 2 nights and spend the rest of my stay in the Masirah Island Hotel which Alex from Kiteboarding-Oman organized for me in a cloak and dagger operation. The local Omani just didn’t care about any complaint. Nevertheless I booked Masirah again this year but this time on the advice, after consulting the guys from Kiteboarding-Oman. I booked the Hotel and not the “Beach camp”!! The good thing is the Kite-center at the “Beach camp” is still running by the guys from KBO and this is definitely amazing! My strong recommendation for those who are thinking about to spend some unforgettable days on Masirah Island – book with someone who has the latest Insider-information.Some organizer have Oman in their program, such as Surf Action / Kitetravel / Surfreisen.at …
I prefer to go and book directly with the guys from Kiteboarding-Oman. I learned my lesson…They have an amazing support and really good conditions and not worse than those in the relevant booking platforms. Some accommodations even significantly cheaper and you still get beyond some interesting info and tips for arrival and tours, land and so from Alex, Kiteboarding-Oman.
Anyway, I look forward for some memorable sessions with my 5 on Masira!!!
Cheers...

Return to “Travel”