Rare Poster
Gear: Switch Fone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sardinia

Postby MartinRaz » Tue May 17, 2016 4:26 am

Planning to go to Sardinia this summer.

I know, that there probably not are waves that time of year, but even some small swells would be nice - since I am also bringing my SUP.

The plan was to go to the south-west corner of the island on a camping named Camping Tonnara.
I know that people also kite at Porto Polo, which is at the north-east corner of the island.

Could someone please help me out.
Which wind direction is predominant in Sardinia?
And where would you go?

We are an a camping holiday, bringing our own caravan.
My wife swears that we need a place with a pool, even though I tell her, that the waters are calm.
But, if she, and the children (12 and 5) gets it their way - I usually get it my way regarding surfing :-)

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Sardinia

Postby piccio » Tue May 17, 2016 5:22 am

usually waves together with wind on west coast not very suitable for sup. as far as I know best place for sup is capo mannu after high mistral days on a place called "minicapo" from locals. it is 80 km from south.I go there kiting from north (250 km)with good conditions . best place in sardinia for kiters windsurf sup but summer time maybe once or twice a month.I live on a camping all summer with caravan too,not many camping with pool in sardinia ,there is no need, water is warm and clear. Since terrorist attack many tourist prefer remain in italy ,last year from end of july was crowded ,confusion ,queues,no parking so I suggest to avoid completely first days of august until 20 25 .( more expensive too).lot of camping all over the island ,flat water east side ,windier north side ,warmer south ,waves west. june best time .Grimaldi ferry new service this year good and cheapier ciao

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Sardinia

Postby Toby » Tue May 17, 2016 12:59 pm