Forum for travel reports and travel questions
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:38 pm
- Kiting since: 12
- Local Beach: Dollymount, Sutton, Portmarnock - all in Dublin
- Favorite Beaches: Achill Island, Ireland (beach and lagoon); Inch Beach, Ireland; Kite Beach, Maui; Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka; Squamish Spit, Canada; Byron Bay, Australia
- Style: Free-ride
- Gear: North 7m Evo
- Brand Affiliation: None
Hi all - my husband and I are thinking of heading to Brazil this summer (Aug) for a few weeks. We'll be taking our own gear and don't need lessons. Has anyone been recently and have any recommendations for:
1) How to get to Fortaleza from Europe (regional flight via Rio?)
2) Insider tips on where to stay - kite-friendly and reasonably priced? - best 2-3 spots to base ourselves from if we have a rental car?
3) Downwinder kite safari trips? - day trips or longer, organised overnight trips?
4) Just general tips that could be helpful?
Thanks so much!!
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 36335
- Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
- Style: Airstyle
- Gear: Rebel 2015 18
- Brand Affiliation: None.
- Location: World (KF Admin)
Quick info, more to follow:
Find all spots here: http://se.kiteforum.com/spots
From EU to FOR:
Others countries via Lisbon, PT: TAP
There is also a flight from Italy, search for it, never used it, but friends of mine.
First stop should be in Cumbuco.
Stay a week, and do. day trips to Taiba, Paracuru etc.
Then maybe some nights ein Flexeiras and check the surrounding spots.
Then Ilha do Guajiru, then Prea and Jeri.
Return to “Travel”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests