Rare Poster
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Kitesurfing in St. Kitts

Postby SandyKite » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 pm

20170410_173008.jpg
Just spent a few weeks in St. Kitts, exploring all the kite spots....AMAZING!! :heartface: :heartface:
I have travelled to many of the Caribbean islands to kite but this is definitely one of my favourites.
It's such a small island, but it offers such a variety of spots and most of the time you are pretty much alone on the water. The locals will only come out after work or on weekends and still it never felt crowded.
The different spots provide a variety of conditions. You can get anything from beginner friendly to advanced spot. Flat water or waves.
Also there is a great downwinder which goes from the island of Nevis to St. Kitts. Very easy run and suitable even for people who recently learned Kitesurfing.
And last but not least St. Kitts offers fun night life due to several universities on island....it almost has a bit of a springbreak feeling. I was there for one of the beach parties that the students have every few months and it was great fun. :D
Highly recommend StKittsWatersports.com if you need some lessons, rent gear or just need someone to show you all the best spots :thumb:

20170601_161607.jpg
20170606_190126.jpg

AirConnolly
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Eastern Long Island
Gear: Cabrinha and Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitesurfing in St. Kitts

Postby AirConnolly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 pm

I am heading down there in January. Any additional info on spots or places to rent gear?

Return to “Travel”