Rare Poster
Local Beach: Galveston, Lake Charles
Gear: none yet, soon
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Traveling to Mexico.

Postby kxthor » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 am

Hey guys and girls. My gf and I will be planning a trip to Cancun, playa de carmen or cozmel around the second week of December.

If all goes well I will be taking lessons in corpus in September so I will be very new. Probably get a couple of sessions in September and a few in October.

I was curious where the best place in the area for a newb to go is. I have read about isla Blanca a bunch too but not sure about the drive there (from what I have read the drive there is harsh. And there is no other way to get there?)

I have read that there is not really any spots in Cancun on the hotel strip to kite, and playa de carmen seems to have mixed emotions?

I have been reading on this for 2-3 days now and I can't quiet make a decision so I decided to ask you folks here for your opinions. Thanks in advance.

mero
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Traveling to Mexico.

Postby mero » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi!

Planning to do the same trip as you. After scanning the net it seems like Holbox is a nice option. After a week of diving in Cozumel, I will be travelling alone for two weeks in December to do some kiting.

I do have some questions:
1. Is there any other place, in the Cancun area, that I should consider to spend two weeks kiting?

2. I've only been to places with kite stations and beach boys before. Is there any special beach in Holbox that the majority of the kiters go. So you can have a helping hand to launch and land your kites?

3. I've got 9m, 12m and a 16m kites. If I only bring two kites, should I go with 9-12m OR 12-16m? (82kg, travel in December)

4. Will two weeks be to long in Holbox island as a single traveller? Is it too quit? Shall I consider a week in Holbox and then go to some other place?

Best Regards

Return to “Travel”