Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Costa Brava

Postby TomW » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi,

I'm going to Lloret de Mar in late June for my boy's soccer camp. Thinking of bringing my hydrofoil and kites.
I read old post that kiting is forbidden on all of Costa Brava in summer, but perhaps I can drive to St Pere Pescador, Gulf of Roses?

General advice welcome. Or other places within 2 hr drive of Lloret de Mar I can kite.

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Re: Costa Brava

Postby GTC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Lloret de Mar is not the best place to kite in Summer. Small beaches saturated with thousands of tourists...

If you can get a car take a look at these spots:

Malgrat de Mar: 20min drive. This spot works nice with thermal winds (SW) 15-25kt (very frequent in summer). Very choppy. You can launch in a limited kite zone but once in the water you must kite behind the buoys (200m).

Cabrera de Mar: 1h drive. Same as Malgrat but the thermals aren't so strong in summer. It also works nice with East winds. In summer is very crowded and forbidden until 6pm. Always kite behind the buoys or the locals will kick you out.

Pals and Sant Pere Pescador: 1h30' drive. Huge beaches and tons of kiters and schools. Bring a big kite for thermals (15kt) or a small kite for Northern winds (25-40kt)

Return to “Travel”