Local Beach: Hayling Island
Gear: RRD obsession 7m, RRD vision 9m, RRD obsession 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurf spots for family in Mauritius

Postby tibo50 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 am

Hello everyone.

I have looked through various websites/forum and I can't seem to find the answer so I hope some of you will be able to help me out !

I am coming to Mauritius in September with my family (my wife, myself and two 1.5-year old girls) and I am looking for the "ideal" spot 😊.
By ideal I mean a place where the beach/lagoon is safe and suitable for little kids to play and go in the sea with their parents but ideally where I could kite too....
What I am really after (if it exists) is an affordable rental (2 bed flats, bungalow, smalll villa) on or very close to the beach where I could launch and come back but that my kids and wife could also enjoy.

I have been kiting for a few years now but I am no expert (autonomous, upwind, small jumps.... but thats it) and I dont kite very often so ideally a location that other kitesurfers visit or even better where a kiteschool operate and offers "supervision" service (just in case :))

Everybody seems to be talking about Le Morne but I have read that it is "not suitable" for swimming , is it so ? Also I would be looking at Airbnbs etc.. not luxurious hotels (out of budget). I ve read about Palmar , Pointe d'Esny but once again not sure if suitable for family and precise location of kite beaches/spots

I have found quite a few places on Airbnb but it s difficult to know if the location is suitable for my needs !!

Thank you so much in advance
Tibo

Return to “Travel”