MihaP7
Rare Poster
Gear: /
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to learn kitesurfing?

Postby MihaP7 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Hello :) I decided to learn to kitesurf in summer 2018. I'm from Slovenija so I need to travel somewhere to learn. I'm free of work last week in july and first week of avgust. So the question is easy, where is the best place to learn on these dates? It is important that I can rent equipment once the school is finished and because i will probably travel alone it would be nice to go somewhere with some night life :) I googled a bit but found so much informations that I don't know where to go :D so where is the best place to learn to kitesurf in summer 2018?

Regards Miha

Lorenaibarra32
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dakhla, Morocco
Style: Freestyle, Strapless
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where to learn kitesurfing?

Postby Lorenaibarra32 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Hey Miha!
I'd recommend Dakhla, Morocco. The main spot in the lagoon has super flat water, and not deep. The beach is just sand so there are no dangers at all.
The wind is great in that time of year so I would surely recommend you to go there.
I learnt there, in Dakhla Attitude hotel. The instructors are super friendly and the material is very good (Cabrinha and Zian in kites and boards), NP in harnesses and other equipments.
I think there are even some packages that include the accommodation and the kite lessons for a very good deal. Check in their webpage www.dakhla-attitude.ma because I don't know much more about it.
But yes =)
Good luck!

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9

Postby piccio » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:56 pm

in greece ,italy,spain will be summertime and not too far.so many flat lagoon with termal to choose

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:12 am

Miha,

sto ne odes u Viganj? Neretvu? Ulcinj? It is more about the wind than location with this 3.

The best place is where you can clearly understand the instructions. If you came to Australia, I'll teach you with the local guy here from Slo :) But seriously, one of World best, Martin Dolenc is from Istra, also Slo riders are always exclusively riding in Cro :) Don't forget, Italy is close to you, and around Koper. Kiting is like paragliding, you will depend a lot on just "right" conditions. Once you learn, not so.

D.

Return to “Travel”