Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST has been sold.... (rumour or reality)

Forum for kitesurfers
stacey
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby stacey » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:19 pm

consumer wrote:You guys, dont believe Best's anti-propaganda. Best was filing for bankruptcy when Ian Huschle offered to take over. Stop lying Best and crew, the truth is out now.
Just quit it. I post here very rarely, but when I do, it's under my real name and I wouldn't use my real name if I were purposely lying. And that's my final post about this matter.

SID
Medium Poster

Postby SID » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:20 pm

consumer wrote:You guys, dont believe Best's anti-propaganda. Best was filing for bankruptcy when Ian Huschle offered to take over. Stop lying Best and crew, the truth is out now.
Yes Consumer will know if Best has been filing for bankrupcy :roll: :roll:

SID

bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OBX
Gear: Airush, Switch, Pansh, Kites, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby bay surfer » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:26 pm

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Best a company that just tried, to be inovative, but flopped big time.. Now they need help.

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Postby B-rad Lange » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:52 pm

bay surfer wrote:Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Best a company that just tried, to be inovative, but flopped big time.. Now they need help.
Yes they are - a company that is constantly trying to be innovative, and is. They should never (and never will) apologize for being innovative. I'm talking about products, not marketing. Help? All kite companies need help - shoot, all retailers need help too. They are entering into their 3rd year with lots of experience, new blood and more cash. Many companies stay stuck in a rut - these guys will always pull through.

gottmoore
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gottmoore » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Thanks for all the info, but how does it affect me DIRECTLY?
I mean, after all it is all about me
( in a group sort of way)

so

tell me(us)

I (we) only care about the main course items on the plate
gear
price
support

eggs is eggs , no matter how fancy the title
or how great the chef
the rest is like parsley
someone thinks it looks great and adds something,
but no one eats it

SlimShaddy
Frequent Poster

Postby SlimShaddy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:08 pm

Ain't this cool:

126.7 x 39.7

Any plain ol flat bottom or single concave board simply doesn't
measure up.

Hein
Does this mean my old (1 yr.) Hein board I seldom use because there isn't enough wind simply doesn't measure up?
I'm glad someone else brought this up.
I’ve had more than ample amount of time & numerous opportunities to ride a couple of them now from owners who hired me to improve on 'spartan' finish & graphics and while they hook up very, very, very well, they imo, took more than a fair amount of power to keep them going.

Yet when I read the latest Hein hype, there’s the claim that they are not only faster but accelerate quicker than the average board due to their reduced drag etc.etc. etc.

My question is is this a new feature of only the side cut single to double concave b/c I haven’t seen this on the single or he side-cut single concaves.

BTW I completely agree with chemosavi, Hein, If you Hijack others peoples posts for your self serving shameless promotions, you should expect to get flamed. Support the cause and buy a banner add.

I believe the pop culture phase for this is “show respect and you'll get respect" ;-)

cheers

slim
Last edited by SlimShaddy on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:11 pm

stacey wrote:
Just quit it. I post here very rarely, but when I do, it's under my real name and I wouldn't use my real name if I were purposely lying. And that's my final post about this matter.
Ahem,,,

Please, just try to relax stacey, it's a big step forward anyway you slice it;
alex is better placed writing checks and slaming hogies in the shade of his little grass shack,,,

Hey,,,,I bet we'd all rather be doing that instead of having to answer a lot of embarrassing questions,,,eh??

On the use of your "real" name:

That, as far as I know has never increased the quality of any post...
a rose by any other...as it were, so is it still.

See how useless it all is?

Anyway,, be sure
and give g-ball a coaster when he visits,,,,the rural influence is well,,, a rural influence.

(smile)

Just think you can communicate in full sentences now around the office, it ain't a bad thing

Now relax,,,or you'll get pimples

Kind regards & Crongrats
fokiten

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:14 pm

One of the key successes in BEST marketing is to create a lot of comment from ravers, ranters and critics.
It draws in more and more interest from those who had not heard much of BEST in the first place. Seems to work a treat too.
Good or bad comments do not affect the outcome.
The profile is continuously raised. So are the sales.

a rant is a bit like an ad than runs...
blah blah BEST blah blah BEST
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com

bit like saying

don't visit http://www.anabatic.co.nz
as it is based in NZ.

Or don't buy HEIN boards!

your just going to remember the name but not all the details eh.

all the
BEST.

lee

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby consumer » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:30 pm

hey hey, Best, a taste of your own medicine? You dish out hype but cant take it?

hah.

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:37 pm

Anabatic_co_nz wrote:One of the key successes in BEST marketing is to create a lot of comment from ravers, ranters and critics.
It draws in more and more interest from those who had not heard much of BEST in the first place. Seems to work a treat too.
Good or bad comments do not affect the outcome.
The profile is continuously raised. So are the sales.

a rant is a bit like an ad than runs...
blah blah BEST blah blah BEST
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com

bit like saying

don't visit http://www.anabatic.co.nz
as it is based in NZ.

Or don't buy HEIN boards!

your just going to remember the name but not all the details eh.

all the
BEST.

lee
You're full of shit. That would be great if companies coud just f*** it up, get a lot of people to talk about it and be successful for it. There is a difference between Famous and Infamous...

From the old marketing text book (and I'm sure the new CEO of BEST has read it in Harvard) the rule of thumb is that good experiences get told to others around 8 times, bad experiences 25. Unfortunately this higher multiplier can only rarely be used to the companies advantage.

I hope your boss is aware of your marketing skills. Make sure you write that on your cover letter so you make the right impression.

P

Return to “Kitesurfing”