Forum for kitesurfers
kitester
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

good repair/good prices/fast turn-a-round

Postby kitester » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:09 pm

I try not to pimp but I have to this time. And if you take the time to read this you will find some good info here.

Last year one of my good sailing friends started talking about doing some kite repair. I didnt think too much about it until I needed a fix for one of my kites. He asked if he could do it for me. As it turns out he had spent years (in a previous life) running sewing machines. The tear was a zig zag rip along the leading edge and across the kite to the trailing edge. When he was done I had to look hard to find the repair. He even worked around the logo on the kite so you cant see where the rip was. I was impressed but, I thought taking apart the LE would be too tough if a kite was ripped in half. He does it and you cant even tell where he took it apart! I have since seen him fix kites that should have been chucked in the can. Almost every time the repair is nearly invisible. And it lasts too. My kite was torn last Sept. and its still looks (and flies) as good as it did before I tore it. On top of that he is fast. He even fixed one while I waited for it. I have had him fix three kites and a harness since then and all the repairs were like OEM and all have lasted. He tries to stick to kites mostly now. In fack he is so good and fast that Extreme kites in St. Augustine has him do many of the repairs now and he is even does certified kite repair directly for at least one kite maker. As if that is not enough, his prices are a good bit less than other repair shops I have delt with in the past. Good repair at a reasonable price with a fast turn a round is hard to beat. If you dont want to wait weeks and pay 100s of $$ for a repair this guy is your man! Give him a try.

Don's Kite Repair
904-757-5251

zfennell
Very Frequent Poster

Postby zfennell » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:57 pm

cool.
why are we in flamer's ?

kitester
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitester » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:58 am

I dont know..... Lets ask Toby

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:50 am

apart from buying a new kite how was the repair invisable????

i want to see the photos of the invisible repair..... if you were 50 metres from the kite then yes.... if the kite is all black then yes..... if it is all white then yes...... if you have the exact same material as the original kite maker then yes.......(impossible)....

so proof is in the photo.....im sure the repairs are of high quality.... but invisable.....no way.....

btw you can fix anyhing if you try.... normally people think it cant be fixed because they cant sew.... reality is that everything can be fixed.... normally a question of time and money.... :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”