Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kiteboarding has been cancelled

Forum for kitesurfers
GAZZABA
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby GAZZABA » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 pm

antdog wrote:Haha fsck you, lucky you live in Florida eh? hows the surf been? hope there's no hurricanes heading towards your club anytime soon!

losers...probably would ride backside if there was ever a swell...

Zack
you post 28 times in the past two years.... and this is how you try and add some value to the forum?

no comment.

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby B-rad Lange » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:25 pm

hey anteater...why the hate??? your x-girl surfing in Fla with the boys???

no waves??? check out Molassas reef in 20 knots at http://www.sevenkiteboarding.com and click on the "offshore playground" link in the news section...and that's just the Keys...

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

___

Postby ian c » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:28 pm

"Seven Kiteboarding is turning its premier location at Whale Harbor Marina in Islamorada from a public to a PRIVATE LAUNCH EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY"

Unless we are talking about a piece of land above the high tide mark- you are a bunch of losers. No - in fact anyone that trys to push for something like this - is a loser...

And as for "kites too cheap" is the problem - Now you can drive your expensive car to your expensive private club and ride your expensive kites - and hopefully there won't be any young riders around because of course they are the majority that have to buy the cheaper kit....yeah whatever "welcome to my beach" NOT

you are in the wrong sport, may I recommend parachuting without a chute "extreme!" you are the weakest link, goodbye...

freedom2ride

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Postby B-rad Lange » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:29 pm

Brik...that's exactly what we are working out right now...a launch fee for visitors, and a membership for So Fla locals or frequent visitors...you're not spoutin off...you're right on...thanks

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Re: ___

Postby B-rad Lange » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:36 pm

ian c wrote:"Seven Kiteboarding is turning its premier location at Whale Harbor Marina in Islamorada from a public to a PRIVATE LAUNCH EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY"

Unless we are talking about a piece of land above the high tide mark- you are a bunch of losers. No - in fact anyone that trys to push for something like this - is a loser...

And as for "kites too cheap" is the problem - Now you can drive your expensive car to your expensive private club and ride your expensive kites - and hopefully there won't be any young riders around because of course they are the majority that have to buy the cheaper kit....yeah whatever "welcome to my beach" NOT

you are in the wrong sport, may I recommend parachuting without a chute "extreme!" you are the weakest link, goodbye...

freedom2ride

OK dumbass...better to be completely banned??? wiat...I'll give you the benefit of doubt...you are misunderstanding something right???

so if you can't understand that it is better to be regulated than gone...I can't help you...

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:07 pm

Regards Brad,

Props on the assisted watertime you give your students...

This other thing is going well I think? smile...Not !

It's all about you wanting to be King of the beach,,,

Never and I mean never, has such a goal met with favor....

It's all about the cat-bird seat, and your wish to mount the throne...

Expect to be asssainated,,,that's the fate of most wan-a-be despots...

Body armor,,and an undisclosed location...

Yeah,,,great idea,, charge folks, just to be near you....

Christ man,,,What-chew thinkin willis?

Props on the watertime, though,,

regards
fokiten

ian c
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ian c » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:14 pm

Diplomacy is a great help when dealing with issues like this. I retract the 'loser part'( apologies), and will just say that that I understand that the issues can be hard work to resolve but that privatisation of launching areas/or below the high tide mark is the wrong solution and stands for everything that I am against. freedom2ride

There are idiots in all walks of life (refering to kiters that cause safety issues for the public), there always have been, but encouraging self responsibility is the better solution. With a club/association the public may put the actions of one of these member idiots onto all the members, and as a by product the sport becomes elitist (because money is involved with membership)

Kitesurfing is an individuals sports and if you mess up that is your problem not mine - you will reap the consequences - especially if your actions involve less freedom for me to ride in the future. Maybe it is the 'sue culture' thing that causes this to happen in the US - so wrong..

No it was not you that made the comment - so of course none of that was directed at you

NJOI

Dave K
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Outer Banks
Style: Knee friendly strapless kite/wing foil
Gear: 10 m Airush Ultra / 7M Switch Helium, 5M RRD Passion, 120cm Groove Skate. Duotone Slick SLS 6/5/4/3m, Cabrinha Code 5’0”/78l wing board, Gong Veloce V2 L, XL., XXL, Gong Fluid V2 L, pro Fluid 42cm/freestyle 44 stabilizers, Gong HM 85cm V2 carbon mast, 75cm Al mast. Foil Drive + and 40L slingshot prone foil board

Postby Dave K » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:29 am

KingAstra wrote:which launch is it in islamorada the one after the bridge? Since when is it not allowed to kite in bahia honda just been there in january and loved it
I asked at the entrance shack at Bahia Honda about kiting this last Christmas holiday and they said kiting was not allowed any more. BTW I I've been going to Sunshine Key campground (Ohio Key) between Bahia Honda and 7mile bridge for 4 years. I kite right at Sunshine with N component winds and walk (or boat) to the south side (adjacent to Bahia Honda) for southerlies. Like most spots in the Keys these are not beginner launches and I'm sure just one bad accident will close down access at Sunshine as well. Having a shallow draft boat opens up a large number of sites.

KingAstra
Frequent Poster

Postby KingAstra » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:49 am

I didn't ask the ranger but I talked to a few locals who were on the water as I've been looking for a spot the day before.Noone said anything to me and there were like 10 local windsurfers.That was the weekend of the 22 of january

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:36 am

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP KITING ANYWHERE...(exept freezing places) DON'T BE A DICK

NO NO DOnt send the Dicks up here! :lol:

B'ster,

thats sucks man with the disrespectful people coming to your spot. If their is one thing thats pisses me off more then anything its people leaving there shit and garbage on the beach. And then assholes who act like Kings with no respect for shit.

Hope to make it down there one day, show the photos in that Outside mag and it looks like a killer place. Keep us up to date and good luck.

STF

STF

Return to “Kitesurfing”