REAL disgraze

Forum for kitesurfers
theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby theflyingtinman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 am

viktor wrote:By they way, I have a patent pending on steering the kite in periodic function to generate extra force, I am also applying for the technique of turning the kite 360 degree in one movement. Just to let you know.

Go for it! This patent was granted in 2002 so you'd be a shoo-in to get a patent
on sining the kite, if you act quickly. As patent holder you won't be able to stop
riders doing it but you could claim royalties from any school teaching it :)

nbbowers
Medium Poster

Postby nbbowers » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 am

Hey guys go grab a session, Real Kiteboarding doesnt know what you are talking about, come hit me up bro, super sesh, lighthouse, 85 degrees, its november bro, get your stoak, give me 15,000.00, yeah stoaked out I work for assholes, pulley bar sliding stoak, hit it up, huge swell, i dont surf, but bro light house, what are you talking about, good times great service, put on a teeshirt, catch some waves on a fish bro, sweet, get some boots, come on hochie glide it, yeah, and repeat. See anyone can work for real. I believe that some shops actually payed out. For the people out there who cant get over the time when one of the kooks at Real told them that they were on the team, wake up. When you hear the thousands of stories out there and then this new low of frivolous lawsuits against already hurting shops how can you not be upset? Is your honorary team member status too precious? How can you buy into such bullshit. Spineless pussies.

K3rM1t
Frequent Poster
Gear: North

Postby K3rM1t » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:10 am

This thread does not do any good for whoever...so it gets moved to Flamer's Paradise.
Not sure I agree with this. A kiteboarding company is in legal dispute with other kiteboarding companies. It's an interesting and valid kiteboarding topic. I don't think it belongs with the "Bush is an A-hole" threads.

It's no worse than the threads on bad mouthing some kite or board.

But, it's Toby's site. He wins. :)

Rorke
Frequent Poster

Postby Rorke » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:16 am

I am going to trademark the little TM used on trademarks.

Then I will be SO rich...that somebody will have to help me land my kite from time to time. :D

terrios666
Medium Poster

Postby terrios666 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:51 am

Wow...in the matter of a few days many retailers across America realize the "lifestyle" just ain't cutting it anymore and in fact some places like REAL would like them to start behaving like a business?

CLEAN UP TIME FOLKS. Some a-rod earlier mentioned that Extreme kites was an excellent retailer and thus was being picked on by REAL. WTF? If Extreme Kites is so good, why don't they have the $$$$ to fight back?

You're all talking about the next name brand retailer for Kiteboarding. King of the heap, the retailer that wins is like the Wal-Mart of kiteboarding. Worth some lawyers for sure and while they're at it, maybe some long standing inter-generational wealth.

Fun to watch on the outside. I'm a pure Capitalist. Dog eat dog, go get them REAL sue them to the ground!!!!!

Only thing I ask is you extend me the same hook up price I get from Extreme once you are done with them. :)

dazza5172
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Middleton, Port Willunga, Mid Coast
Favorite Beaches: Middleton, U-Turns
Style: Wave
Gear: North Rebels, North Rocket Fish, North Freestyle Fish

Postby dazza5172 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:23 am

Windrider wrote:
Greg7 wrote:I usually don't pay attention to what people say, but being near KW you do have a point. Since I am neither old or gay, I hope the new "avvy" meets your approval 8)
What??? You're actually a naked girl???

Oh well... can't judge a book by it's avatar...

I, personally, have been using the phrase "water time" in my description of the stages to learning both windsurfing and kitesurfing for about 22 years. "You got the basics down now. All you need is some water-time to practice." 'Cept, you see, I hyphenated it. Does that mean I'm safe?

Jeez, I hope Real doesn't win. That means any ole focker can trademark any ole common phrase and start suing other people for using it. "Well, Hell, man... "TM
You cannot patent the English Language, sorry but this whole flamer thread seems to miss that point except for a few who have touched on it. You can patent a style of printing it, a way it is said in certain circumstances (like a stupid radio advert) but go for you life windrider, I am sure you can still express yourself in English formally.

woops sorry 'English Language' has a patent, so does 'whole flamer' ' miss that point' 'touched on it' 'go for your life' and 'still express yourself' so I have to adjust my thread according to the lawyers it now must read:

"You cannot patent the, sorry but this thread seems to except for a few who have. You can patent a style of printing it, a way it is said in certain circumstances (like a stupid radio advert) but windrider, I am sure you can in English formally".

You can also get done for copyright as has been stated if you copy someones instruction manual or sign etc. but they are allow to use terms like Water Time. Water time water time water time. :naughty:

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 am

I thought that, if you could find a single example of a trade mark's holder using the trade mark without the magical "TM" after it, it invaldated the registration of the trade mark?

avelos0001
Rare Poster

Postby avelos0001 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:38 pm

More facts

REAL KITEBOARDING, INC. v. KITTY HAWK KITES, INC. et al

Case Number: 1:2006cv01720
Filed: December 1, 2006

Court: Indiana Southern District Court
Office: Indianapolis Office [ Court Info ]
Presiding Judge: Judge John Daniel Tinder
Referring Judge: Magistrate Judge Tim A. Baker

Nature of Suit: Intellectual Property - Trademark
Cause: 15:1125 Trademark Infringement (Lanham Act)
Jury Demanded By: None

REAL KITEBOARDING, INC. v. OCEAN EXTREME SPORTS, LTD., INC. et al
Plaintiff: REAL KITEBOARDING, INC.
Defendant: OCEAN EXTREME SPORTS, LTD., INC. and DARYL DROWN
Case Number: 1:2007cv01042
Filed: August 13, 2007

Court: Indiana Southern District Court
Office: Indianapolis Office [ Court Info ]
County: Marion
Presiding Judge: Judge Richard L. Young
Referring Judge: Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson

Nature of Suit: Intellectual Property - Trademark
Cause: 15:1121 Trademark Infringement
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff
http://dockets.justia.com/

Trademark Infringement like-

“Hercules: Zero To Heroâ€Â

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan Glyaire » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:37 pm

nbbowers wrote:Hey guys go grab a session, Real Kiteboarding doesnt know what you are talking about, come hit me up bro, super sesh, lighthouse, 85 degrees, its november bro, get your stoak, give me 15,000.00, yeah stoaked out I work for assholes, pulley bar sliding stoak, hit it up, huge swell, i dont surf, but bro light house, what are you talking about, good times great service, put on a teeshirt, catch some waves on a fish bro, sweet, get some boots, come on hochie glide it, yeah, and repeat. See anyone can work for real. I believe that some shops actually payed out. For the people out there who cant get over the time when one of the kooks at Real told them that they were on the team, wake up. When you hear the thousands of stories out there and then this new low of frivolous lawsuits against already hurting shops how can you not be upset? Is your honorary team member status too precious? How can you buy into such bullshit. Spineless pussies.
:D hahahahaha!!! tooo funny! nice :thumb:

but, all too true :x :evil:

hooley
Rare Poster

un real

Postby hooley » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:25 pm

well its kinda funny ... the roots to those terms (watertime and ground school) stem from newport RI... when matt and i where partners in sky kitesurfing we worked for a year together. matt knocked off the concept i had envisioned, went to puerto rico as sky kite surfing(whitch cost me a pretty penny) the original real....
i may just open a huge kite operation down in the outerbanks and offer free kite lessons
now thats unreal... check out www. kitesurfingschool.com and those terms are right there.... i even have some of the original brosures with those terms in print
just a matter of time, and there operation will implode......
Intergity is all you have in business in the long run....

Return to “Kitesurfing”