Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

www.gokiting.com(SeattleKiteboardingCenter)-Resolved!

Forum for kitesurfers
Wind Breaker
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

www.gokiting.com(SeattleKiteboardingCenter)-Resolved!

Postby Wind Breaker » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm

It's cold, and I want to go kiting today. But the new gloves I ordered and paid for 10 days ago from http://www.gokiting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Seattle Kiteboarding Center) still haven't arrived. Worse, I've received no information from the company after repeated e-mail and telephone attempts. My PayPal account was charged $77.90 (I bought a knife too), and I immediately received an automated reply saying "we will be in touch as soon as possible about your order." But then nothing. I emailed. Nothing. I called and left a message. Nothing. Called and left another message. Still nothing. The site still presents the gloves as if they are in stock, ready to sell. I need the gloves for our colder days here, so now I'm off to find them somewhere else and can only hope that I'll eventually get my money back from these guys. They also go by the name "Jetty Island Kite & Skim."

I don't care if the dude is on vacation and just sells the gear out of his pickup or whatever the excuse may turn out to be. If you're going to set up a website and present yourself as an internet mail order company, then you need to act like one.
Last edited by Wind Breaker on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Re: www.gokiting.com(SeattleKiteboardingCenter)-BAD experience!

Postby kakanala » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:30 pm

I just hope that once you receive your gloves or you get your money refunded and all is sorted out, you'll be kind enough to post it letting we all know that this retailer wasn't so evil, after all.

Before posting such a thing in a world-forum I'd rather think on the consecuences my words can have on this guy's business.

One thing is pimping on a given kite brand (very popular sport, by the way) and other is to play with somone's way of life.

Just my opinion.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jakemoore » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:28 pm

I couldn't disagree more.

The retailer should be thinking about what his poor customer service practices will do to his way of life. Its his bad, not Windbreakers.

After multiple attempts to contact the seller thorough proper channels Wind Breaker is stepping up and giving us a heads up so we all don't get skrewed. I do think it would hold more credibility if people use their real names in this type of situation but speaking up is the right thing to do. Personally I would have also filed a dispute with paypal as well.

There was a bike shop that skrewed me over in 1998 and I told every cyclist in town. And I suspect I wasn't the only having problems because shortly he went out of business.

Jake
Last edited by jakemoore on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Guys, Jason has a very good reputation in the industry and does a lot for the Seattle and NW kiting community. I'm sure this is a glitch and not the norm and he will take care of you appropriately. Please post the resolution when it is resolved.

EvanOR
Very Frequent Poster
Location: California, US Sales Ocean Rodeo Kiteboarding/Hyperflex Wetsuits

Postby EvanOR » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:45 pm

If you are pinch and need something in a rush contact Andy at http://www.bellinghamkiteboarding.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . He will take care of you in a hurry and get you on the water. He stocks our Coldfire line of neo accessories.

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo

Choose Performance over Hype

bustingbladder
Medium Poster

Postby bustingbladder » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Jason at Jetty Island Kite and Skim is a dear friend of mine that is in La Ventana for a very well deserved vacation. He is a man of his word and will make sure that you get taken care of. If you have not heard anything from them within another day contact me and I will personally give you your money back out of my own pocket and then upon his return, Jason can reemburse me and I have no doubt about his integrity. So relax a bit and stop tripp'in. Very uncool! PM me!

Wally

Bettyboarder
Rare Poster

Postby Bettyboarder » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:59 am

Jason is a cool guy and I am sure it's just a glitch.

rodeoclown
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Carkeek Park, Seattle
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop ambassador for Urban Surf in Seattle

Postby rodeoclown » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:38 am

I have an x-tra pair of cold fire gloves you can use until jason gets back,
I'm in N. Seattle...pm me if you need em!
Jason is a cool guy, but what you are going thru sucks too.

Eduardo
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere with a left break
Style: waves and foiling (X big-air junkie)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo and Cabrinha kites. North and Slingshot boards. Lift foils.

Postby Eduardo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:42 am

the solution is simple - get on a plane and come to texas. we're not using gloves any more... (I did wear them in January - brrrr 50 degrees)

Wind Breaker
Frequent Poster

Postby Wind Breaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:25 am

bustingbladder wrote:Jason at Jetty Island Kite and Skim is a dear friend of mine that is in La Ventana for a very well deserved vacation. He is a man of his word and will make sure that you get taken care of.
He already DIDN'T take care of me. I'm not really worried that I won't get my money back eventually. But I'm already an unsatisfied customer. I think that is a pretty fair reaction to making an instant payment in the expectation of quick internet style shipping, only to wait and wait and wait with no feedback.

My first reaction was to e-mail. My second reaction was to call. My third reaction was to call again. All of this over 10 days, with another no-shipping weekend rapidly approaching. I didn't jump on here with this post immediately. I think I'm reasonably annoyed. And if it weren't for this post, nothing would be happening. I'm glad he's getting a nice vacation in. But if he's going to run an internet mail order website that collects money instantly from its customers, then he needs to make sure that his business runs when he is away also. Or put a giant "gone until March" sign on the front page. That's just basic business practice. If you're just selling from your house or a small shop, then take a long vacation whenever you want and people can just keep calling and knocking on the door until you return. But again, when you present yourself as a major internet mail order company, then you need to act like one - especially if you're taking instant payments.
bustingbladder wrote: So relax a bit and stop tripp'in. Very uncool!
You're being a good friend to back him up. But if you really step back and look at this from the customer standpoint, I think you'll see that my reaction is pretty fair. Until I received some reactions to this post, I really had no way of knowing what kind of business I was even dealing with. I'm happy to hear that he runs a solid business most of the time, but this is unacceptable. Perhaps he runs a great local business, but his internet business is lacking. If that's the case, then I think it's fair to share my experience with the internet crowd while the locals can form their own opinions. I think the title of my thread makes it pretty clear that I am only telling a story about this singular experience anyway. And without this thread, I think it's pretty clear I'd be waiting a long time to find out anything about my purchase. That's very uncool.

Anyway, for now, let's let this thread slip to the bottom so we don't make this out to be a bigger deal than it is. And when it's resolved, I'll make a final post.

Return to “Kitesurfing”