Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

www.gokiting.com(SeattleKiteboardingCenter)-Resolved!

Forum for kitesurfers
hebrew_hammer
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: www.gokiting.com(SeattleKiteboardingCenter)-BAD experience!

Postby hebrew_hammer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 am

I agree with evan.... :D

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:17 am

I always call a small shop before ordering to see what is going on, if they have stuff in stock and so on. You are buying from a small business, not Amazon.
Andy @ Bellingham, true 5 starts so far for online sales :thumb:

bustingbladder
Medium Poster

Postby bustingbladder » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Wind Breaker,
I just spoke with Jason on an aircard from LV. Internet access has been down for almost a week now down there. He is sending you the gloves free of charge and refunding your money for the inconvenience. This is obviously an isolated situation and he extends his personal apology. So on that happy note, lets all go have fun and get some wind. There is really no need to continue on with this thread. I feel your pain Wind Breaker and you have a point. But This company is not deserving of the potential outcome that this thread can generate. Have fun and look for your gloves and refund asap. Jetty Island Kite and Skim is a first class operation and everyone in the biz has had a small glitch before. Now lets go BOOST!

Cheers,

Wally Gator

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Wow.... good move, Jason.

I know that when a business gives a customer something like that, it really is coming out of the business owner's own pocket. It's not as though the manufacturer covers you for that kind of situation. Manufacturers cover material defects, etc. But if it's something to salvage a customer or sale gone awry, then it's coming from his own pocket. That means he has to sell 2-4 more of those items simply to make up the out-of-pocket costs for gracing this one.

Major kudos.

Wind Breaker
Frequent Poster

Re: www.gokiting.com(SeattleKiteboardingCenter)-Resolved!

Postby Wind Breaker » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:22 am

Here is the letter I received today from http://www.gokiting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, along with a refund of my money...

"We are sorry for the miscommunication on our part. We take full responsibility and your money is being refunded. Your item is backordered through Mystic and we will continue to ship the item free of charge when it does arrive to hopefully make good on this.

We were under the impression that our employee had taken care of all this for us while we are away and we are disappointed to find out otherwise. Please accept our apologies. We would appreciate it if you could post an update o the situation on kiteforum and possibly remove the thread.

We are unreachable by phone but if you would like us to call you, please send us your phone number and an exact time to do so, if necessary.

Again, please accept our apologies.

Best Regards,
Jason Clack
gokiting.com"

I do appreciate the final resolution to this. But it is unfortunate that it took a thread like this in order to get a response. 10 days of phone calls and e-mails with no response. 1 day on KiteForum, and everything is taken care of. It really shouldn't be like that, and that's not my fault. While I appreciate the offer of free gloves, I will not be taking them up on that. The refund of my money is fine. Apology accepted. Thanks for making good in the end. Let's go kiting.

(I would remove the thread, but I think it's better to show the happy ending, no? Some people may be curious. And I see it has been moved to Flamer's Paradise anyway.)

Return to “Kitesurfing”