Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics

Forum for kitesurfers
Skyway Scott
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics

Postby Skyway Scott » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 am

WJB. You nailed it. If you have a prob with China, start by boycott your friggin' kites, as stated. Oh wait... you don't believe what you say THAT much to take it THAT far. :roll:

waveknave
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby waveknave » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:08 am

wjb wrote:I hope people will think hard about boycotting the China Olympics while giving no thought to buying kites (among other things) made in China.
often there is no other choice anymore, about "other things" and it has happened so quickly, soon there will be no manufacturing base in north america, and finacially theyve got us. but were saving a bit o cash now... all praise walmart! blah.

btw, my kites werent made in china.

20 m or bust
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Dalrock, Ray Roberts
Favorite Beaches: Mustang Island, Stink Beach
Style: Free ride
Gear: Waroos
Stretch board

Postby 20 m or bust » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:19 am

So I am wrong about China?
Did gov't troops run over people with tanks who were protesting? Do they tell people how many children they can have (leading to selling of babys)? Is there freedom of speech there? The gov't is using extreme tolerance in dealing with Tibet? Did the gov't send 1200 coal miners into a mine even though there was a flood near, leading to the drowning of all 1200? No prob. though, families got $50 and were told to shut up about it. The people deal with it there because they have no other option. I have spoken to a lot of Chinese people here in Dallas, they are not looking to move back. They think Freedom is a great thing.

sheetin_out
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: developing
Gear: eclipse 2007 Nano 6
eclipse 2007 Chameleon 13

Postby sheetin_out » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 am

We can't really blame China for taking all the manufacturing jobs away from us, we can start by blaming the CEO's the owners the share holders of big business for wanting a better bottom line, for not being content with a comfortable profit, or for giving there fellow citizens gainfull employment, to supporting communities by keeping productive plants and a proud workforce working, no they don't care about us, they care about making another $1,000,000,000.00 and who cares if one day we wont be able to afford the products there pimping on us, we are a small market compared to China and India, when there economies boom and there people can afford to buy there products they will reap even bigger profits. We are also to blame for shopping for the cheapest product we can find and where do ya think thats made? Sorry for sounding so bitter but I am directly affected by this globalization, though it seems a little one sided to me :x

neworleansrich
Medium Poster

Postby neworleansrich » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 am

If you want to punish China, do not but any kite made in China.... Good luck.

waveknave
Frequent Poster

Postby waveknave » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:04 am

sheetin_out wrote:We can't really blame China for taking all the manufacturing jobs away from us, we can start by blaming the CEO's the owners the share holders of big business for wanting a better bottom line, for not being content with a comfortable profit, or for giving there fellow citizens gainfull employment, to supporting communities by keeping productive plants and a proud workforce working, no they don't care about us, they care about making another $1,000,000,000.00 and who cares if one day we wont be able to afford the products there pimping on us, we are a small market compared to China and India, when there economies boom and there people can afford to buy there products they will reap even bigger profits. We are also to blame for shopping for the cheapest product we can find and where do ya think thats made? Sorry for sounding so bitter but I am directly affected by this globalization, though it seems a little one sided to me :x
well said, im directly affected too, we all are. and were throwing it away so we can buy some cheaper plastic baubles at a ****mart. india and china are the new superpowers. yes,we are a very small market.

Return to “Kitesurfing”